This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

Launch Date for the Dawn Treader

Please don't close the door behind you.

Launch Date for the Dawn Treader

Postby Guest » June 12th, 2007, 5:52 pm

Perhaps you already know this, but I just read that the film version of Voyage of the Dawn Treader will be May of 2009. A scant 6 months after the release date for Prince Caspian, which is set for a December '08 release.

- Dan -

Postby ArdenZ » June 12th, 2007, 7:57 pm

Prince Caspian is coming out in December now!?! :shocked: I need to keep up more on these things. I can't believe they've pushed it back... again.

ETA: I went to Narniaweb and it says that Prince Caspian is coming out in 338 days. Still sometime in May of next year.
"The master of that servant will come on the day when he is not looking for him, and at an hour that he is not aware of."
Matthew 24:50
ArdenZ
Wardrobian

Postby Mornamoice » June 15th, 2007, 7:24 am

:lol: ArdenZ, I did the exact same thing you did and was just coming on here to post the countdown to Caspian from NarniaWeb when I saw you'd edited your post to add it in.

VDT is the one I'm really looking forward to at the moment. What I read about "Adapting Prince Caspian" (see the thread on Kingship in Caspian) makes me worry about that what will be done to the story.

Did you see on NarniaWeb that VDT will have a different director? Andrew Adamson is bowing out and Michael Apted (Gorillas in the Mist among others) is taking his place.
Mornamoice
Wardrobian

Postby Larry W. » June 17th, 2007, 3:11 pm

I am also very curious about what will the movie based on Dawn Treader will be like. I loved the ship that was used in the BBC specials. It looked much like I pictured the one in the book to look like. I suppose they'll have to build a completely new replica for this new film unless they can find one that was built to look like an old fashioned sailing ship. I once visited a replica of one of Columbus' ships, the Nina, when it was docked near Holland, Mich. It reminded me in that its appearance resembled the Dawn Treader, although people today usually have a much higher opinion of Narnia than of Columbus, which is understandable when one considers how he treated the American Indians!

Larry W,
Larry W.
Wardrobian

Postby carol » June 20th, 2007, 10:46 pm

carol
Wardrobian

Postby Guest » June 21st, 2007, 12:57 pm

Postby carol » June 21st, 2007, 7:40 pm

Thanks!

If your friend is allowed to tell you things, and you think it may be new info, you might like to submit news items to Narniaweb. There's a button to click on its menu "Spy Reports". I don't think you have to be registered on the site to do this. [PM me if you want to discuss further]
carol
Wardrobian

Return to The Chronicles of Narnia