This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

Caspian and Susan? (new production blog)

Please don't close the door behind you.

Caspian and Susan? (new production blog)

Postby glumPuddle » August 5th, 2007, 6:56 pm

Look here: http://www.narniaweb.com/picshow.asp?id ... =640&h=286

...Does this shot make anyone else really nervous? You probably need to watch the video to really see how alarming this shot is. He's not admiring butterflies in the background. There is something going on here, and as a loyal CS Lewis fan, it's very disturbing.

Watch the full video here:
<---Click
Chronological Order: 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1956
glumPuddle
Wardrobian

Postby A#minor » August 5th, 2007, 7:19 pm

I must say that it's just what I expected. After the 3 LotR disappointments, and the overall somewhat acceptable but deeply disappointing LWW, I've learned to not expect too much from Hollywood. They're going to mess with the plot and the characters and the very core of everything we loved about Narnia to begin with. We might as well resign ourselves to the fact that they'll twist and change everything they can.
*sigh* We don't like it, but it won't keep us away from the theaters come May.
"My brain and this world don't fit each other, and there's an end of it!" - G.K. Chesterton
A#minor
Wardrobian

Postby carol » August 7th, 2007, 7:01 am

carol
Wardrobian

Postby Messenger_of_Eden » August 7th, 2007, 12:52 pm

"If you believe what you like in the Gospel, and reject what you don't like, it is not the Gospel you believe, but yourself."--St. Augustine of Hippo
Messenger_of_Eden
Wardrobian

Postby Danman » August 14th, 2007, 2:43 am

"And this is the marvel of marvels, that he called me, Beloved, me who am but as a dog---" Emeth.
And as He spoke He no longer looked to them like a lion; But the things that began to happen after that were so great and beautiful that I cannot write them.
Danman
Wardrobian

Postby carol » August 14th, 2007, 6:23 am

Oh there IS a river - see the photos of the bridge and river on Narniaweb's Image Gallery! Only I don't want to be there when the River God causes Miraz's army to flee!
carol
Wardrobian

Postby A#minor » August 14th, 2007, 1:51 pm

"My brain and this world don't fit each other, and there's an end of it!" - G.K. Chesterton
A#minor
Wardrobian

Postby Guest » August 15th, 2007, 6:20 pm

When biblical stories are depicted in art (paintings, drama, etc.) I have no problems with an expansion of the story to include things that might have happened. For instance, there is no mention of a donkey in Mary and Joseph's journey to Bethlehem, but Mary certainly might have ridden one. I have a greater problem with an expansion of the story to include things that probably or definitely did not happen such as the wisemen showing up at the stable for Jesus' birth. My greatest problem is with additions that change the essential essence of a character, such as some of the characterizations of Jesus in Jesus Christ Superstar.

For fictional stories, I'll of course give even greater leeway on things that might have happened (Eowyn and Aragorn crossing swords in Two Towers), and even some leeway on things that definitely didn't happen that way (one of the Helms Deep defenders shooting first rather than an orc as it is in the book). But I still have a problem with the essential essence of a character being changed (such as Faromir in Two Towers).

All that being said, I have no problem with flirtation between Caspian and Susan.

1. It might have happened
2. We know nothing will come of it
3. It doesn't change the plot of the story
4. It certainly seems to fit in with the essence of Susan's character
5. Caspian is a normal young man, and an attraction to Susan would be natural. Heck, I'm 43 and married and even I'd sneak a peek in her direction if she was teaching me about the crossbow.

- Dan -

Postby Danman » August 15th, 2007, 6:45 pm

"And this is the marvel of marvels, that he called me, Beloved, me who am but as a dog---" Emeth.
And as He spoke He no longer looked to them like a lion; But the things that began to happen after that were so great and beautiful that I cannot write them.
Danman
Wardrobian

Postby Stanley Anderson » August 15th, 2007, 9:20 pm

…on a night of rain Frodo smelled a sweet fragrance on the air and heard the sound of singing that came over the water. And then it seemed to him that as in his dream in the house of Bombadil, the grey rain-curtain turned all to silver glass and was rolled back, and he beheld white shores and beyond them a fair green country under a swift sunrise.
Stanley Anderson
Wardrobian

Postby Shadowland Dweller » September 5th, 2007, 11:23 pm

Shadowland Dweller
Wardrobian

Postby rusmeister » September 7th, 2007, 4:14 am

"Eh? Two views? There are a dozen views about everything until you know the answer. Then there's never more than one."
Bill "The Blizzard" Hingest - That Hideous Strength
rusmeister
Wardrobian

Postby glumPuddle » September 7th, 2007, 6:00 am

<---Click
Chronological Order: 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1956
glumPuddle
Wardrobian

Postby carol » September 7th, 2007, 11:02 am

Well said, Glum! I think it's fine for Caspian to be nervous or uncomfortable around this self-confident young archer, who happens to be a girl, but to take it into a boy-girl thing is inappropriate.
[goes off to worry about global warming instead]
carol
Wardrobian

Postby Danman » September 7th, 2007, 1:11 pm

Danman
Wardrobian

Next

Return to The Chronicles of Narnia