This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

White Reepicheep :(

Please don't close the door behind you.

White Reepicheep :(

Postby glumPuddle » August 9th, 2007, 11:12 pm

It looks like Reepicheep will have white fur in the Prince Caspain film. We're almost certain.

What do you all think of this? I'm extremely upset! One of the most beloved characters in the entire series, and they do this. It just won't be Reep.

Excerpt from Voyage of the Dawn Treader (Ch. 1):
You might call it--and indeed it was--a Mouse. But then it was a Mouse on its hind legs and stood about two feet high. A thin band of gold passed around its head under one ear and over the other and in this was stuck a long crimson feather. (As the Mouse's fur was very dark, almost black, the effect was striking.)

Post your thoughts on this here.
<---Click
Chronological Order: 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1956
glumPuddle
Wardrobian

Postby A#minor » August 9th, 2007, 11:47 pm

A white mouse does not sound like Reepicheep. White isn't a brave enough color. White is namby-pamby and afraid of getting dirty.
I don't like it. Nope. Nope.Image
Well, I'm already resigned to being disappointed.
"My brain and this world don't fit each other, and there's an end of it!" - G.K. Chesterton
A#minor
Wardrobian

Postby Sven » August 10th, 2007, 12:07 am

Why, I pity the fool!

Rat! he found breath to whisper, shaking. Are you afraid?
Afraid? murmured the Rat, his eyes shining with unutterable love.
Afraid! Of Him? O, never, never! And yet -- and yet -- O, Mole, I am afraid!
Then the two animals, crouching to the earth, bowed their heads and did worship.
Sven

Postby ArdenZ » August 10th, 2007, 12:29 am

White?? :anxious: That is not the Reepicheep I had in mind (or that is in the book). The travesty!
"The master of that servant will come on the day when he is not looking for him, and at an hour that he is not aware of."
Matthew 24:50
ArdenZ
Wardrobian

Postby carol » August 10th, 2007, 10:39 am

I don't believe it. I will just wait until the film comes out.
carol
Wardrobian

Evidence for a white Reep :(

Postby glumPuddle » August 10th, 2007, 8:07 pm

<---Click
Chronological Order: 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1956
glumPuddle
Wardrobian

Postby moordarjeeling » August 13th, 2007, 5:59 am

That does seem odd. I wonder if there is some particular scene where the background will be so dark that a black mouse would not be visible. Was Reep in the fight in darkness with the hag and werewolf?

When Caspian wakes up in the burrow of the Old Narnians, it might be dark. In the book Reep is met later, but they might want to speed things by having him present in the burrow.

He's a cavalier, three musketeers type; they were dandies, and wore white plumes and white lace shirts etc, didn't they? It might work. Maybe in a fancy red jacket with a big hat.
moordarjeeling
Wardrobian

Return to The Chronicles of Narnia