This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

Who wants to hug Aslan

Please don't close the door behind you.

Who wants to hug Aslan

Postby Solomons Song » August 31st, 2007, 6:39 pm

Member of the "2453617 Club"
Solomons Song
Wardrobian

Postby Stanley Anderson » August 31st, 2007, 7:34 pm

…on a night of rain Frodo smelled a sweet fragrance on the air and heard the sound of singing that came over the water. And then it seemed to him that as in his dream in the house of Bombadil, the grey rain-curtain turned all to silver glass and was rolled back, and he beheld white shores and beyond them a fair green country under a swift sunrise.
Stanley Anderson
Wardrobian

Postby Messenger_of_Eden » September 1st, 2007, 2:10 am

Mee, MEE, I wanna hug him!! I always wish I could hug and kiss lions--that's one that at least SOMEONE gets to, without getting their face ripped off! Awwww how wonderful! *melts into puddle* Where's my cat?
"If you believe what you like in the Gospel, and reject what you don't like, it is not the Gospel you believe, but yourself."--St. Augustine of Hippo
Messenger_of_Eden
Wardrobian

Postby Sven » September 1st, 2007, 6:57 am

Did you notice he was doing cheek rubs at her, the same way a house cat says "Mine!".
Rat! he found breath to whisper, shaking. Are you afraid?
Afraid? murmured the Rat, his eyes shining with unutterable love.
Afraid! Of Him? O, never, never! And yet -- and yet -- O, Mole, I am afraid!
Then the two animals, crouching to the earth, bowed their heads and did worship.
Sven

Postby Rosie Cotton » September 1st, 2007, 6:31 pm

Yep, he did! Oh, man! That would be heaven! Going to grab my small kitty now.
... and their joy was like swords, and they passed in thought out to regions where pain and delight flow together and tears are the very wine of blessedness.
Rosie Cotton
Wardrobian

Postby Larry W. » September 2nd, 2007, 11:25 am

Larry W.
Wardrobian

Postby Messenger_of_Eden » September 2nd, 2007, 3:41 pm

"If you believe what you like in the Gospel, and reject what you don't like, it is not the Gospel you believe, but yourself."--St. Augustine of Hippo
Messenger_of_Eden
Wardrobian

Postby Rosie Cotton » September 3rd, 2007, 1:04 am

... and their joy was like swords, and they passed in thought out to regions where pain and delight flow together and tears are the very wine of blessedness.
Rosie Cotton
Wardrobian

Postby Messenger_of_Eden » September 3rd, 2007, 4:35 am

Messenger_of_Eden
Wardrobian

Postby Sven » September 3rd, 2007, 11:22 am

When She and I went to the local first showing of LWW, we were both struck by one thing having to do with the Aslan CGI. Whoever designed the facial movements must have been a cat person. In the movie, when Aslan comes out of the pavilion for the first time, he looks at the Pensivies and gives them a 'double blink', which is cat talk for "I love you". He does it a couple of more times in the movie, at just the appropriate moments for that message.
Rat! he found breath to whisper, shaking. Are you afraid?
Afraid? murmured the Rat, his eyes shining with unutterable love.
Afraid! Of Him? O, never, never! And yet -- and yet -- O, Mole, I am afraid!
Then the two animals, crouching to the earth, bowed their heads and did worship.
Sven

Postby Larry W. » September 3rd, 2007, 11:43 am

I know zoos seem to need lion exhibits, but isn't it sad to see lions in cages? :sad: Perhaps in the more spacious wild animal parks the zoo officials would be afraid of them hunting the other animals and possibly be a danger to humans. But it still is kind of pathetic to see lions behind bars-- like sentencing a kingly animal to a prison term. I cringed when Aslan was bound up on the Stone Table.

Larry W.
Larry W.
Wardrobian

Postby Lady Rebecca » September 6th, 2007, 5:25 am

"Well, you know how it feels if you begin hoping for something that you want desperately badly; you almost fight against the hope because it is too good to be true; you've been disappointed so often before. But it was no good trying to throttle this hope. It might - really, really, it just might be true. So many odd things had happened already." - from the magician's nephew

Member 2456317 Club
Lady Rebecca
Wardrobian

Last post ever from Dan

Postby Dan65802 » September 6th, 2007, 3:01 pm

"Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that." - Martin Luther King
Dan65802
Wardrobian

Postby Narnian Musician » October 19th, 2007, 2:00 am

thanks to A#minor for the graphics!
Narnian Musician
Wardrobian

Postby Wordlark » October 19th, 2007, 5:35 pm

So Many books, so little time!
Wordlark
Wardrobian

Next

Return to The Chronicles of Narnia