This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

Susan fighting in PC

Please don't close the door behind you.

Postby moordarjeeling » September 11th, 2007, 4:11 am

moordarjeeling
Wardrobian

Postby glumPuddle » October 4th, 2007, 12:59 am

We've heard that in the movie, Susan will fight at both the Castle Raid that takes place in the middle of the film, and the battle at the end.

This makes me wonder if Susan will stay and fight with the boys while Lucy goes off alone with Aslan. I really don't like this idea.

Susan fighting is so incredibly the opposite of her character. And that idea works the other way too. If I heard that Peter was NOT going to fight in PC, I'd be pretty upset.
<---Click
Chronological Order: 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1956
glumPuddle
Wardrobian

Postby rusmeister » October 5th, 2007, 9:30 am

"Eh? Two views? There are a dozen views about everything until you know the answer. Then there's never more than one."
Bill "The Blizzard" Hingest - That Hideous Strength
rusmeister
Wardrobian

Postby glumPuddle » October 10th, 2007, 7:00 pm

<---Click
Chronological Order: 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1956
glumPuddle
Wardrobian

Postby rusmeister » October 11th, 2007, 7:08 am

"Eh? Two views? There are a dozen views about everything until you know the answer. Then there's never more than one."
Bill "The Blizzard" Hingest - That Hideous Strength
rusmeister
Wardrobian

Susan fighting in PC

Postby Paul F. Ford » October 14th, 2007, 2:40 am

Paul Ford—self-appointed president of the "245-3617 Club" and proud member of the "245-6317 Club"; author of the Companion to Narnia and the Pocket Companion to Narnia.
Paul F. Ford
Wardrobian

Postby carol » October 15th, 2007, 10:06 am

You said, "Susan is feeling the onset of puberty and the ecstatic both attracts and scares her." At 13 years old, I think it might be adolescence she is facing, although I am aware that girls did not mature as early back then.

I don't care to discuss the sexual aspects, as I do not believe they belong here, but I think it has a lot to do with facing growing up - while Lucy remains a child and learns from the experiences AS a child, Susan is fearful and puts up her own imagined barriers. She certainly doesn't like showing emotion. And that is not unusual for a girl of 13 - they are either very outward about what they think and feel or quite reserved and secretive about their feelings. It is a self-protection, and Susan had plenty of scary things in her world to protect herself from. "the ecstatic" is not all that is fascinating and frightening.

Interesting concepts!
carol
Wardrobian

Postby repectabiggle » October 17th, 2007, 8:20 pm

Man. . .it's stuff like this that makes me wonder if I'll even watch any of the other movies. It makes me wish they'd never touched the books. :angry:
repectabiggle
Wardrobian

Previous

Return to The Chronicles of Narnia