This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

Aslan's eyes

Please don't close the door behind you.

Aslan's eyes

Postby Solomons Song » October 31st, 2007, 8:41 pm

I know I read somewhere in the Narnia series that Aslan had green eyes. But I cannot seem to be able to find it. I know that the cat who comforts Shasta in HHB has green eyes, but it seems like I can distinctly remember reading where Aslan in LION form has green eyes, I just can't locate it.

help... :cry:
Member of the "2453617 Club"
Solomons Song
Wardrobian

Postby Peepiceek » November 19th, 2007, 11:42 am

Peepiceek
Wardrobian

Postby Solomons Song » November 27th, 2007, 1:19 am

Yep. Does anyone know where it is?
Member of the "2453617 Club"
Solomons Song
Wardrobian

Postby King Peter » November 27th, 2007, 3:50 am

I don't think it mentions the color of his eyes in lion form. Sorry.
"But if the Witch could have looked a little further back, into the stillness and the darkness before Time dawned, she would have read there a different incantation. She would have known that when a willing victim who has committed no treachery was killed in a traitor's stead, the Table would crack and Death itself would start working backwards." - The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe
King Peter
Wardrobian

Postby Paul F. Ford » December 2nd, 2007, 6:00 pm

Paul Ford—self-appointed president of the "245-3617 Club" and proud member of the "245-6317 Club"; author of the Companion to Narnia and the Pocket Companion to Narnia.
Paul F. Ford
Wardrobian

Postby Peepiceek » December 2nd, 2007, 6:30 pm

Peepiceek
Wardrobian

Postby ReepI » December 20th, 2007, 11:44 am

ReepI

Postby repectabiggle » December 20th, 2007, 2:43 pm

Current editions (indeed, all editions, I imagine) of The Last Battle have Emeth saying, "The speed of him was like the ostrich, and his size was an elephant's; his hair was like pure gold and the brightness of his eyes like gold that is liquid in the furnace." This passage is, of course, when Emeth is telling his tale to the Friends of Narnia and Tirian.
repectabiggle
Wardrobian

Return to The Chronicles of Narnia