This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

Thoughts on LWW (more spoilers)

Please don't close the door behind you.

Thoughts on LWW (more spoilers)

Postby Peepiceek » November 11th, 2007, 11:55 am

I've finished Wardrobe for perhaps the fourth time (maybe third. I don't remember) Upon subsequent readings certain things start to stand out. I'm sure I've read it somewhere but I get the impression that Lewis intended this book to stand on its own before writing the others. It also seems that Aslan was originally intended to be an allegory for Christ and not Christ Himself. His power seems so limited before He died and even then still limited though He seemed much more confident. For example He did not know where the battle would be. The other animals had to help Him sniff it out. He also did not know the giant Rumblebuffin's name.
Peepiceek
Wardrobian

Re: Thoughts on LWW (more spoilers)

Postby Sven » November 11th, 2007, 12:12 pm

Rat! he found breath to whisper, shaking. Are you afraid?
Afraid? murmured the Rat, his eyes shining with unutterable love.
Afraid! Of Him? O, never, never! And yet -- and yet -- O, Mole, I am afraid!
Then the two animals, crouching to the earth, bowed their heads and did worship.
Sven

Postby Solomons Song » November 11th, 2007, 5:11 pm

Member of the "2453617 Club"
Solomons Song
Wardrobian

Re: Thoughts on LWW (more spoilers)

Postby Dan65802 » November 12th, 2007, 2:51 pm

"Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that." - Martin Luther King
Dan65802
Wardrobian

Postby Peepiceek » November 13th, 2007, 1:14 am

Peepiceek
Wardrobian

Postby Dan65802 » November 13th, 2007, 1:39 pm

Lewis certainly implied that the supposal of Aslan as Christ was around from the beginning.

- Dan -
"Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that." - Martin Luther King
Dan65802
Wardrobian

Return to The Chronicles of Narnia