This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

PC Trailer

Please don't close the door behind you.

Postby john » December 3rd, 2007, 9:04 pm

john
Chief Wardrobian
john
Chief Wardrobian

Postby carol » December 4th, 2007, 10:01 am

I have posted an exciting update on its own thread... :lipssealed:
carol
Wardrobian

Postby David Jack » December 4th, 2007, 11:37 pm

"This is and has been the Father’s work from the beginning-to bring us into the home of His heart.” George MacDonald.
David Jack
Wardrobian

Postby repectabiggle » December 4th, 2007, 11:44 pm

repectabiggle
Wardrobian

Postby David Jack » December 5th, 2007, 2:40 am

"This is and has been the Father’s work from the beginning-to bring us into the home of His heart.” George MacDonald.
David Jack
Wardrobian

Postby Dan65802 » December 5th, 2007, 2:17 pm

A few thoughts on the trailer (:

First, I guess I should say SPOILER ALERT for those who for some reason don't want to hear about the trailer (or the movie) at this point.

1. I loved the stone lion in front of the railway station

2. I always pictured the railway station as an outdoor one rather than a subway-like station. Maybe I'm going by a Pauline Baynes illustration.

3. I have to admit to getting a chill and even getting a little choked up seeing the children emerge on the beach of the island. Especially seeing Edmund, knowing he won't be a betrayer, but a hero.

4. I always pictured Aslan's How as little more than a cave, but I like the interpretation as almost looking like the inside of an Egyptian crypt of a great Pharaoh.

5. Edmund is eventually going to be taller than Peter.

6. Does Caspian have a French accent?

7. Obviously there's a much bigger battle than in the book. Perhaps it would be a big drop off visually from the first movie if they only had the one-on-one combat.

8. I think we've been worried for no reason about the whole White-Witch-in-a-block-of-ice rumor. It just looks like that's the scene where the hag attempts to conjure the witch. I think it's actually a pretty cool idea to involve ice in the conjuring of the white witch.

9. If you pause the trailer at just the right moment, it looks like the trebuchet is firing a giant cheese ball.

10. I like the ancient ruin turning into the font of "Narnia" at the end.

- Dan -
"Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that." - Martin Luther King
Dan65802
Wardrobian

Postby repectabiggle » December 5th, 2007, 3:05 pm

You had me at "giant cheese ball."

But what happened to the "empty, sleepy, country station" at the beginning of the book?
repectabiggle
Wardrobian

Postby galion » December 5th, 2007, 6:00 pm

galion
Wardrobian

Postby carol » December 5th, 2007, 6:57 pm

carol
Wardrobian

Postby repectabiggle » December 5th, 2007, 7:20 pm

Last edited by repectabiggle on December 5th, 2007, 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
repectabiggle
Wardrobian

Postby Dan65802 » December 5th, 2007, 7:24 pm

"Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that." - Martin Luther King
Dan65802
Wardrobian

Postby carol » December 7th, 2007, 8:27 pm

carol
Wardrobian

Postby Dan65802 » December 7th, 2007, 8:28 pm

Dan65802
Wardrobian

Postby galion » December 7th, 2007, 8:37 pm

Hey, Dan, don't you realise: in Hollywood *all* villains have an English accent!
galion
Wardrobian

Postby Dan65802 » December 7th, 2007, 8:42 pm

And a moustache!

But I take back what I said about Miraz having an English accent. Narniaweb believes that Trufflehunter says the line "You may find Narnia a more savage place than you remember." even though the images are of Miraz before and after the line.

- Dan -
Dan65802
Wardrobian

PreviousNext

Return to The Chronicles of Narnia