This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

PC Trailer

Please don't close the door behind you.

Postby galion » December 7th, 2007, 9:02 pm

Now look here Dan, we English are definitely savages. Ask Mel.
galion
Wardrobian

Postby Dan65802 » December 7th, 2007, 9:05 pm

Oh, I know you are. I've seen The Remains of the Day.

- Dan -
"Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that." - Martin Luther King
Dan65802
Wardrobian

Postby galion » December 7th, 2007, 9:27 pm

galion
Wardrobian

Postby Lirenel » December 14th, 2007, 1:09 am

Apparently there are two Prince Caspian trailer threads? I don't know which one to use...

Anyway, a few comments I randomly had while watching the trailer for the....well, I

ANYWAY

1. For some reason, I want to say that Edmund is the one flying on the griffin's back. If you look carefully, it looks like the shirt under the leather is green/blue which is similar to Edmund's tunic. Peter's shirt looks more red or tan. However, could still be Peter. I'm actually hoping it's Edmund because he doesn't seem to get a lot of time in the trailer, esp. for the night raid scenes despite the fact that susan is shown fighting.

2. ...please tell me Miraz's army isn't using trebuchets against a standing Narnian army. Against Aslan's How, I can kinda understand, but aren't trebuchets seige weapons? As in...used when besieging a castle? I can't think that they'd be too useful against standing armies. One of the points I didn't like about Return of the King, actually.

Any thoughts?
The Lord is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life, of whom shall I be afraid? - Psalm 27:1

Member of the 2456317 Club
Lirenel
Wardrobian

Postby Guest » December 14th, 2007, 1:33 am

Postby Lirenel » December 14th, 2007, 2:48 am

The Lord is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life, of whom shall I be afraid? - Psalm 27:1

Member of the 2456317 Club
Lirenel
Wardrobian

Postby Ticket2theMoon » December 14th, 2007, 6:16 am

===========================================================================================

It is with words as with sunbeams, the more they are condensed, the deeper they burn. --Robert Southey (1774-1843)

Ticket2theMoon
Wardrobian

Postby Dan65802 » December 14th, 2007, 1:57 pm

"Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that." - Martin Luther King
Dan65802
Wardrobian

Postby Jill Pole » December 20th, 2007, 5:58 am

I really enjoyed the trailer!

From theLotR movies, to Dickens and Austen adaptations, to LWW, I have come to the decision that I will not compare books to their adaptations. I'm going to just take the movie for what it's worth and the book for what it's worth. (I'm saying this very gallantly, but I may not follow it 100% of the time. :rolleyes: )

I like the way the children entered into Narnia. I have always had the old BBC version in my mind. The children are spun around into a vortex of sorts and then land with a bump in Narnia. I like the picture of Narnia through the train windows. I thought it was very original.

I'm very excited about seeing the film. Even more so after seeing the trailer. I taught last year and even then I would update my students with how many days were left. I think we were in the 300s last time I told them and now we are down to the 100s! Yippee! The school rented a theatre for LWW so we could have private showing. PC is coming about during the school year, so I'm hoping they do it again.

Tiffany
"Once a king or queen in Narnia, always a king or queen in Narnia."

The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe

My blog:
http://www.ahighcalling.blogspot.com
Jill Pole
Wardrobian

Postby Biff » December 20th, 2007, 9:37 pm

"With hindsight perhaps it wasn't a good idea, oh well must be my hind cataracts..." Prof H.J. Farnsworth

"It was not for nothing that you are called Ransom" said the Voice..
Biff
Wardrobian

Postby repectabiggle » December 20th, 2007, 9:45 pm

repectabiggle
Wardrobian

Postby ReepI » December 22nd, 2007, 11:54 am

ReepI

Postby UrendiMaleldil » December 22nd, 2007, 4:29 pm

If you were subjects of Maleldil, you would have peace.
UrendiMaleldil
Wardrobian

Previous

Return to The Chronicles of Narnia