This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

susan - experience after LB

Please don't close the door behind you.

susan - experience after LB

Postby wood-maid » December 11th, 2007, 6:45 pm

I'm a poster who hasn't been around in forever, but I was looking for something recently and couldn't find it. Someone on this forum had shared it and I would like to get a copy again. It was a poem about Susan's thoughts/experiences after The Last Battle and it ended with a line with something about "traversing worlds to still haunt me".

Anyone remember who posted that - and/or have a copy?
"Jill," said Tirian, "you are the bravest and most wood-wise of all my subjects, but also the most malapert and disobedient."
"By the Mane!" he whispered to Eustace. "This girl is a wondrous wood-maid. If she had Dryad's blood in her she could scarce do it better." - The Last Battle
wood-maid
Wardrobian

Postby repectabiggle » December 11th, 2007, 8:39 pm

I found a post where this fellow said something about having a poem to share that was in reference to Susan and all that. I imagine you might have messaged him to get a copy, as it appears he did not post it.

EDIT: Actually, after looking more closely at the post in question () I think it might not have been Pete's poem but some fanfic that was in question. Either way, hope that helps.
repectabiggle
Wardrobian

Postby Sven » December 11th, 2007, 8:50 pm

I believe the poem you're thinking of was written by Carol. You might drop her a PM and ask for a copy.
Rat! he found breath to whisper, shaking. Are you afraid?
Afraid? murmured the Rat, his eyes shining with unutterable love.
Afraid! Of Him? O, never, never! And yet -- and yet -- O, Mole, I am afraid!
Then the two animals, crouching to the earth, bowed their heads and did worship.
Sven

Postby matdonna » December 12th, 2007, 11:32 pm

matdonna
Wardrobian

Re: susan - experience after LB

Postby Pete » December 20th, 2007, 2:11 am

Member of The 2456317 Club

Pete
Wardrobian

Postby wood-maid » December 27th, 2007, 2:50 am

"Jill," said Tirian, "you are the bravest and most wood-wise of all my subjects, but also the most malapert and disobedient."
"By the Mane!" he whispered to Eustace. "This girl is a wondrous wood-maid. If she had Dryad's blood in her she could scarce do it better." - The Last Battle
wood-maid
Wardrobian

Postby carol » December 27th, 2007, 9:59 pm

Pete is right; it was written by a former member of this site, who shared it with us several years ago.

She worked hard on it for a writing class, and I have always found it brought tears to my eyes.

The original poem was lost in a remake of the forums, but if someone wanted to read it without publishing it further, I would think the writer might not mind. But I think she might be unhappy to find her treasured work spread across the Net.

You can read my three poems on Harold, Alberta and Susan, in the writing forum here.
carol
Wardrobian

Postby wood-maid » December 28th, 2007, 1:37 am

wood-maid
Wardrobian

Postby carol » December 28th, 2007, 2:22 am

carol
Wardrobian

Return to The Chronicles of Narnia