This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

Narnia Pop-Up Book

Please don't close the door behind you.

Narnia Pop-Up Book

Postby Dan65802 » December 12th, 2007, 8:20 pm

Has anyone received this book yet? I've heard the illustrations and engineering are great, but the construction is fragile and shoddy.

- Dan -
"Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that." - Martin Luther King
Dan65802
Wardrobian

Postby Sven » December 12th, 2007, 9:09 pm

I got one. It's very well designed, and with only one exception that pages work the way they're supposed to. The Voyage of the Dawn Treader page trys to damage itself whenever I close it, so I have to be careful and guide the closing with a finger here and another there. I wouldn't give it to a kid for a gift, I think interest would wane quickly.
Rat! he found breath to whisper, shaking. Are you afraid?
Afraid? murmured the Rat, his eyes shining with unutterable love.
Afraid! Of Him? O, never, never! And yet -- and yet -- O, Mole, I am afraid!
Then the two animals, crouching to the earth, bowed their heads and did worship.
Sven

Postby glumPuddle » December 13th, 2007, 4:27 am

Here is my video review/demonstration of the Pop-up book:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBeCzNri6ZY

I think it's pretty neat. I don't like the actual artwork that much, but the pop-ups are mostly awesome. LB is the best, and PC is the worst.
<---Click
Chronological Order: 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1956
glumPuddle
Wardrobian

Postby CKinna » December 13th, 2007, 3:54 pm

Yes, LB is the best. They are coming through the door right at you. Look out.....
What does not satisfy when we find it, was not the thing we were desiring. - Brother Jack
CKinna
Wardrobian

Postby Danman » December 13th, 2007, 8:19 pm

"And this is the marvel of marvels, that he called me, Beloved, me who am but as a dog---" Emeth.
And as He spoke He no longer looked to them like a lion; But the things that began to happen after that were so great and beautiful that I cannot write them.
Danman
Wardrobian

Postby friendofaslan » December 14th, 2007, 3:19 am

:pleased: I received the Narnia pop-up book this week after purchasing it on HSN. As I was channel surfing, I was surprised to see a host and Robert Sabuda promoting it along with Star Wars and Encyclopedia Prehistorica pop-ups. (Star Wars sold out first--glowing lightsaber). As soon as I saw The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe pages, I called.

I opened the thick book with childlike wonder and delight. It is incredible with little extra pop-up doors on some of the pages. Yes, there were a few little things that didn't "pop out" perfectly because of the complexity of all the pieces opening and closing, but for me, it is worth the price just for LWW pages alone. The snow sparkles! :grin: This is the section I will leave open in my school office as a work of art and inspiration.

Lewis on Home Shopping? I know what you must be thinking. But . . . it's such a pretty book. :lol:

(By the way, the Wardrobe bookstore beats even HSN! Sorry I didn't check here first and help support the site.)
Member of the 2456317 Club. "How will you know? . . . Odd things they say--even their looks--will let the secret out. Keep your eyes open. Bless me, what do they teach them at these schools?" - Professor Kirke in LWW
friendofaslan
Wardrobian

Return to The Chronicles of Narnia