This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

Chapter Art

Please don't close the door behind you.

Chapter Art

Postby Ticket2theMoon » January 2nd, 2008, 4:53 am

===========================================================================================

It is with words as with sunbeams, the more they are condensed, the deeper they burn. --Robert Southey (1774-1843)

Ticket2theMoon
Wardrobian

Postby rusmeister » January 2nd, 2008, 5:38 am

"Eh? Two views? There are a dozen views about everything until you know the answer. Then there's never more than one."
Bill "The Blizzard" Hingest - That Hideous Strength
rusmeister
Wardrobian

Postby Jill Pole » January 3rd, 2008, 3:01 am

I taught third grade last year and one of our literature books was LWW (the curriculum had already been set before I got there, so you can imagine how disappointed I was to have to teach this book. :rolleyes: :lol: ). You would be surprised at the things the children found different between the book and the pictures. I don't have a copy of the particular book with me so, I can't give more than one example, but in one of the pictures it showed one for leopard than the book had said and they were very quick to notice it. :smile:

Personally, I only use the pictures to make, or base, clothing/costumes off of.

Tiffany
"Once a king or queen in Narnia, always a king or queen in Narnia."

The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe

My blog:
http://www.ahighcalling.blogspot.com
Jill Pole
Wardrobian

Postby narnianmagic » January 6th, 2008, 1:27 am

narnianmagic

Postby Professor_Lewis » January 16th, 2008, 10:02 pm

Professor_Lewis

Postby repectabiggle » January 16th, 2008, 10:57 pm

repectabiggle
Wardrobian

Postby Danman » January 17th, 2008, 8:34 pm

When I saw that picture not long ago I thought, "How odd". It just didn't look right somehow. Espeically with Aslan's paws behind his back.

I wouldn't call any of these discrepancies, per se, but there were some pics that were noted in my childhood.

The picture of Trumpkin wringing his hand after his duel with Edmund... Trumpkin's face and shoes just looked a little silly to me. Dunno. They just did.

I never understood what a Satyr was as a child. And the picture in one of the books of the (I assume) Dryads sitting holding their harps, etc. never really gave me a strong image of how they truly appeared. As a matter of fact, those probably weren't Dryads at all, but I don't know what they were. I tried very hard to envision people that looked an aweful lot like trees and wading through earth. Hmm, maybe they could come plow my field for me just by walking around.
"And this is the marvel of marvels, that he called me, Beloved, me who am but as a dog---" Emeth.
And as He spoke He no longer looked to them like a lion; But the things that began to happen after that were so great and beautiful that I cannot write them.
Danman
Wardrobian

Return to The Chronicles of Narnia