This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

Apples

Please don't close the door behind you.

Apples

Postby glumPuddle » January 10th, 2008, 6:43 pm

<---Click
Chronological Order: 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1956
glumPuddle
Wardrobian

Postby john » January 10th, 2008, 7:38 pm

Can't say I have, although I have had cravings for toffee while reading The Magician's Nephew. :)
john
Chief Wardrobian
john
Chief Wardrobian

Postby Sven » January 10th, 2008, 8:50 pm

When reading The Silver Chair, I had a sudden craving for Marshwiggle Bourguignon...
Rat! he found breath to whisper, shaking. Are you afraid?
Afraid? murmured the Rat, his eyes shining with unutterable love.
Afraid! Of Him? O, never, never! And yet -- and yet -- O, Mole, I am afraid!
Then the two animals, crouching to the earth, bowed their heads and did worship.
Sven

Postby repectabiggle » January 10th, 2008, 9:15 pm

I always get hungry when I read about food in books, so Lewis definitely does that for me.

Oddly enough, the Hardy Boys used to make me hungry. Chet Morton was always eating something!
repectabiggle
Wardrobian

Postby Stanley Anderson » January 10th, 2008, 9:20 pm

…on a night of rain Frodo smelled a sweet fragrance on the air and heard the sound of singing that came over the water. And then it seemed to him that as in his dream in the house of Bombadil, the grey rain-curtain turned all to silver glass and was rolled back, and he beheld white shores and beyond them a fair green country under a swift sunrise.
Stanley Anderson
Wardrobian

Postby Pine_Tree » January 10th, 2008, 9:51 pm

Pine_Tree
Wardrobian

Postby Dan65802 » January 11th, 2008, 7:56 pm

"Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that." - Martin Luther King
Dan65802
Wardrobian

Postby john » January 11th, 2008, 8:07 pm

john
Chief Wardrobian
john
Chief Wardrobian

Postby Dan65802 » January 11th, 2008, 8:09 pm

"Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that." - Martin Luther King
Dan65802
Wardrobian

Postby Stanley Anderson » January 11th, 2008, 8:50 pm

…on a night of rain Frodo smelled a sweet fragrance on the air and heard the sound of singing that came over the water. And then it seemed to him that as in his dream in the house of Bombadil, the grey rain-curtain turned all to silver glass and was rolled back, and he beheld white shores and beyond them a fair green country under a swift sunrise.
Stanley Anderson
Wardrobian

Postby glumPuddle » January 14th, 2008, 1:49 am

"You're making me hungary." --Mr. Lunt

This is why I was annoyed that in the LWW movie, the Beavers dinner was gross. My mouth waters when I read that scene in the book.
<---Click
Chronological Order: 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1956
glumPuddle
Wardrobian

Postby galion » January 14th, 2008, 10:09 am

galion
Wardrobian

Postby Danman » January 17th, 2008, 8:38 pm

ghoul ash.... boo hiss.

I love the description of the food served to Shasta in the palace in Tashbaan. The ices and melons and all that great stuff. Sounds very cooling on a hot day. BUT I also love the breakfast he's served by the dwarfs once he's delivered his message to King Lune. Now that's my kind of eatin'! Then outside for a pipe and a nap. :pleased:
"And this is the marvel of marvels, that he called me, Beloved, me who am but as a dog---" Emeth.
And as He spoke He no longer looked to them like a lion; But the things that began to happen after that were so great and beautiful that I cannot write them.
Danman
Wardrobian

Postby Jill-at-the-Well » January 19th, 2008, 4:50 am

ooh yes... I think my favorite description, however, is toward the end of Prince Caspian...

"Really good grapes, firm and tight on the outside, but bursting into cool sweetness when you put them into your mouth, were one of the things the girls had never had quite enough of before. Here, there were more than anyone could possibly want, and no table-manners at all."

Oh, yes. Indeed that whole section of Prince Caspian - about the "divine revelers" - is one of my favorite things to read in all the world.
Jill-at-the-Well
Wardrobian

Postby wood-maid » January 23rd, 2008, 8:15 pm

"Jill," said Tirian, "you are the bravest and most wood-wise of all my subjects, but also the most malapert and disobedient."
"By the Mane!" he whispered to Eustace. "This girl is a wondrous wood-maid. If she had Dryad's blood in her she could scarce do it better." - The Last Battle
wood-maid
Wardrobian

Next

Return to The Chronicles of Narnia