This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

Susan "kicks butt" in PC movie :(

Please don't close the door behind you.

Postby Esther » March 27th, 2008, 7:48 pm

Member of the 2456317 club
Esther
Wardrobian

Postby rusmeister » March 28th, 2008, 3:37 pm

"Eh? Two views? There are a dozen views about everything until you know the answer. Then there's never more than one."
Bill "The Blizzard" Hingest - That Hideous Strength
rusmeister
Wardrobian

Postby carol » March 31st, 2008, 7:27 am

Sorry, but your post is 4 pages long.
I don't read long posts. I find them unnerving & intimidating.
carol
Wardrobian

Postby rusmeister » March 31st, 2008, 9:26 am

"Eh? Two views? There are a dozen views about everything until you know the answer. Then there's never more than one."
rusmeister
Wardrobian

Postby Esther » April 8th, 2008, 12:25 am

Member of the 2456317 club
Esther
Wardrobian

Postby rusmeister » April 12th, 2008, 1:52 pm

rusmeister
Wardrobian

The Night Raid and The Girls kicking butt

Postby AnAmazingLoser » April 25th, 2008, 6:05 am

I agree that the Raid scene of the Miraz's castle is a bit over rated and unneeded. It doesnt happen in the book, and again, as much as im excited to see Susan and Lucy kick butt in a war, they were with Aslan the whole time again during the war...it's just odd to think they are ruining the books to add in some war scenes...

Although...im all for girl power. :toothy-grin:
AnAmazingLoser

Postby Pete » April 25th, 2008, 11:17 am

AnAmazingLoser, it's hardly going to ruin the book to have a scene where the girls (in particular Susan) "kicks butt", it won't change the how the book's been written, and in the case of the movie, it may or may not work - that remains to be seen when the movie comes out, but I certainly wouldn't say they're ruining the books to add in some war scenes.
Member of The 2456317 Club

Pete
Wardrobian

Postby Stanley Anderson » April 25th, 2008, 2:09 pm

I suspect the "Susan kicks butt" aspect will be a lot like the "fast food hamburgers replacing Turkish Delight" rumor we all feared for the first movie. Not that it won't happen, but that, like the fast food aspect that didn't end up happening, the sad deficiencies that DID end up happening were far more egregious (to me) than if they had done the fast food thing instead. In retrospect, I would gladly have traded Turkish Delight into fast food burgers for a better representation of a host of more important issues in the first movie. But the fact is, it wouldn't have been a trade-off – it was only an indication of the sorts of things that were already happening and did happen. If the fast food had been in there after all, I’m sure we would have gotten the hamburgers AND the nasty sarcasm and car chases (ok, iceberg chases) and adult themes where they were not wanted and still no Deeper Magic and no romp, etc, etc.

And I suspect the case will be the same in PC -- that Susan kicking butt, however unsatisfying, may be one of the least problematic areas. It will be that PLUS a bunch of other "things". We'll see. I hope for the best, but expect disappointment.

--Stanley
…on a night of rain Frodo smelled a sweet fragrance on the air and heard the sound of singing that came over the water. And then it seemed to him that as in his dream in the house of Bombadil, the grey rain-curtain turned all to silver glass and was rolled back, and he beheld white shores and beyond them a fair green country under a swift sunrise.
Stanley Anderson
Wardrobian

Postby carol » April 25th, 2008, 8:22 pm

carol
Wardrobian

Postby Jill-at-the-Well » April 26th, 2008, 1:41 am

Member of the 2456317 Club

"I daren't come and drink," said Jill.
"Then you will die of thirst," said the Lion.
"Oh dear!" said Jill, coming another step nearer. "I suppose I must go and look for another stream then."
"There is no other stream," said the Lion.
Jill-at-the-Well
Wardrobian

Postby rusmeister » April 26th, 2008, 2:01 am

Last edited by rusmeister on April 26th, 2008, 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rusmeister
Wardrobian

Postby Stanley Anderson » April 26th, 2008, 5:33 pm

…on a night of rain Frodo smelled a sweet fragrance on the air and heard the sound of singing that came over the water. And then it seemed to him that as in his dream in the house of Bombadil, the grey rain-curtain turned all to silver glass and was rolled back, and he beheld white shores and beyond them a fair green country under a swift sunrise.
Stanley Anderson
Wardrobian

Postby jymtastic » April 26th, 2008, 6:42 pm

I think this is a great thing for him to do! In the book, Susan wasn't ever fighting at all, which I considered to be a really disappointing part of the book. And letting Georgie have some action is great as well, because she really is getting older, and people would expect her to do something other than wince every time something bad happens. :toothy-grin:
jymtastic
Wardrobian

Postby Pete » April 27th, 2008, 7:01 am

Member of The 2456317 Club

Pete
Wardrobian

PreviousNext

Return to The Chronicles of Narnia