This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

I love Lucy

Please don't close the door behind you.

I love Lucy

Postby Torie » April 6th, 2008, 4:15 pm

Do you have your ticket to heaven? ---Corrie Ten Boom

member of the 2456317 club
Torie
Wardrobian

Postby rumzy » April 6th, 2008, 6:35 pm

rumzy
Wardrobian

Postby jymtastic » April 26th, 2008, 6:51 pm

I completely agree!! I love lucy's character!!!

And I think that Georgie Henley did a wonderful job of portraying her.... :smile:
jymtastic
Wardrobian

Postby Larry W. » May 8th, 2008, 10:55 am

It's hard not to love Lucy Pevensie. In fact, I can't find much that is seriously wrong with her in the books in which she was a character. The only time in which Aslan is a little angry with her is during the battle in The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe when she is about to give Edmund the cordial. Edmund is badly wounded and need the "medicine" desperately. Aslan tells Lucy that there are other people who are dying and need the cordial. She says she shouldn't leave Edmund and Aslan growls at her, giving her a gentle rebuke.

Can anyone else here find another thing wrong that Lucy did? She seems about as close to perfection as any human being who is a character in a book can get.

Larry W.
Larry W.
Wardrobian

Postby Carrie » May 8th, 2008, 11:46 am

The only other time Aslan has to scold Lucy a little was in Prince Caspian, when she chose to follow the others instead of leaving them behind to follow Aslan. This is a mistake all of us make, and I like that aspect of Lucy's character. She has unwavering faith, but still has trouble leaving behind the things of the world (in this case, her family).
"I can do everything through Him who gives me strength." Phil 4:13

Member of The 2456317 Club
Carrie
Wardrobian

Postby Stanley Anderson » May 8th, 2008, 12:48 pm

…on a night of rain Frodo smelled a sweet fragrance on the air and heard the sound of singing that came over the water. And then it seemed to him that as in his dream in the house of Bombadil, the grey rain-curtain turned all to silver glass and was rolled back, and he beheld white shores and beyond them a fair green country under a swift sunrise.
Stanley Anderson
Wardrobian

Postby Larry W. » May 8th, 2008, 5:48 pm

Thanks for bringing that up. I had forgotten the incident of Lucy being jealous of Susan while looking at the magician's book. She also became angry when her classmates at school were talking about her behind her back.
And there was also the time she followed the others in Prince Caspian. But she was honest and trusting in pointing out Aslan's appearance when the others couldn't see him. She didn't even hold resentment against Edmund for the way he treated her after they first entered Narnia in LWW.

Was she too good to be true? Can one find such a good example in real life?

Larry W.
Last edited by Larry W. on May 8th, 2008, 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Larry W.
Wardrobian

Postby Carrie » May 8th, 2008, 5:48 pm

Oh, I'd almost forgotten about that, Stanley. I think it is good that Lewis gives her faults. Otherwise she would seem inhuman. I think Lucy represents so well the child-like faith. Even so, no child is perfect. When I was young, I wanted to be Lucy so badly. I was Lucy in every pretend game (including hiding in our own wardrobe and pretending to come out the other side). I don't think I would have connected as well with Lucy if she was too perfect, though.
"I can do everything through Him who gives me strength." Phil 4:13

Member of The 2456317 Club
Carrie
Wardrobian

being Lucy for fun

Postby Torie » May 8th, 2008, 8:07 pm

Here's a funny thing. When I saw the actress who played Lucy in the movie I thought, "Who does she remind me of?" and then I saw one of the few pictures of myself as a child... Not exactly like- she is cuter! But kind of entertaining, really.
Do you have your ticket to heaven? ---Corrie Ten Boom

member of the 2456317 club
Torie
Wardrobian

Postby Coyote Goodfellow » May 9th, 2008, 5:06 pm

The other thing that happens in Caspian is after she finds out she was right about Aslan and she almost begins to go from being right to being self-righteous and wanting to say bad things about the others. "they're all so.."

I think the thing about Lucy is that she is close enough to Aslan that he can easily bring her back to the correct path when she does stumble. (And in every scene we mentioned, Aslan shows up almost immediately after she does the wrong thing) Unlike Eustace and Edmund (or even Jill) who are a lot more work.

Nice pic, Torie
"I don't care if it is wrong," said one of the moles. "I'd do it again."
"Hush, hush" said the other animals.
Coyote Goodfellow
Wardrobian

Postby Elinor » June 2nd, 2008, 2:51 pm

They must have had a dialect coach working with the actress who plays Lucy. In TLTW&TW, she seemed to have a very pronounced cockney accent (" 'e's owr bruvvah!"), while the other children had middle or upper middle class accents. (at least to my American ear)

Not that it was a problem, the way she plays Lucy is superb, but it did stand out to me that she spoke much differently than those who were supposed to be her siblings. While there were some hints of in in PC, it was much less pronounced.
Elinor

Postby seaJane » June 19th, 2008, 8:22 pm

seaJane

Postby carol » July 18th, 2008, 9:49 pm

carol
Wardrobian

Postby Lizinka » July 20th, 2008, 8:59 am

Lizinka
Wardrobian

Postby carol » July 20th, 2008, 10:12 am

carol
Wardrobian