This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

Interview with Douglas Gresham

Please don't close the door behind you.

Interview with Douglas Gresham

Postby historyb » April 15th, 2008, 12:16 am

Don't know if this has been posted or this is the right place for the post. I found an interview of Douglas Gresham here:

[url=http://www.christianitytoday.com/movies/interviews/douglasgresham3.html]'A Poorer Story, but a Better Movie'
So says Douglas Gresham, C. S. Lewis's stepson and producer of the upcoming Prince Caspian, in comparing it to The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe.[/url]
historyb
Wardrobian

Postby Pete » April 15th, 2008, 1:15 am

I think you'll find John's put a link to this article in the news section of this site. I must admit, I'm feeling more and more reassured by Doug Gresham that they're not going to stray too far from the book, and any areas where they do depart from the book will enhance the themes of the book, and not detract from them. :pleased:
Member of The 2456317 Club

Pete
Wardrobian

Postby rusmeister » April 15th, 2008, 1:30 am

"Eh? Two views? There are a dozen views about everything until you know the answer. Then there's never more than one."
Bill "The Blizzard" Hingest - That Hideous Strength
rusmeister
Wardrobian

Postby Pete » April 15th, 2008, 1:47 am

I don't know, rus... actually, to tell the truth, I emailed him after that interview, yes he acknowledges that in LW&W there were some things that would have been different had he been directing it - but that's the same if one of us here at the Wardrobe had been directing it too hey? But at the same time, I got the impression that he was happy over all with it, and why not - it did capture most of the book pretty well. And I get the impression from his response that PC will be similar in that respect - sure there's things that he'd want different, but over all he's happy with the project, and that puts my mind at ease...:cool:

I'll be honest, I think it's easy as fans of the book to get a bit "religious" about how close to the books the movies should be. And like Lewis was stealing past those watchful dragons and stain-glass windows of religion, I personally think that that's something the movies can do as they present the stories captured in those books. :idea:

Pete
Wardrobian

Postby Dan65802 » April 29th, 2008, 5:45 pm

"Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that." - Martin Luther King
Dan65802
Wardrobian

Postby matdonna » May 3rd, 2008, 6:36 pm

matdonna
Wardrobian

Postby rusmeister » May 4th, 2008, 3:00 am

"Eh? Two views? There are a dozen views about everything until you know the answer. Then there's never more than one."
Bill "The Blizzard" Hingest - That Hideous Strength
rusmeister
Wardrobian

Postby Guest » May 4th, 2008, 6:54 pm

Postby repectabiggle » May 4th, 2008, 8:26 pm

repectabiggle
Wardrobian

Postby Pete » May 5th, 2008, 1:22 am

Pete
Wardrobian

Postby repectabiggle » May 5th, 2008, 1:27 am

repectabiggle
Wardrobian

Postby Pete » May 5th, 2008, 2:33 am

Pete
Wardrobian

Postby repectabiggle » May 5th, 2008, 4:09 am

repectabiggle
Wardrobian

Postby Dan65802 » May 5th, 2008, 1:45 pm

"Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that." - Martin Luther King
Dan65802
Wardrobian

Postby repectabiggle » May 5th, 2008, 2:53 pm

repectabiggle
Wardrobian

Next

Return to The Chronicles of Narnia