This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

Caspian and Susan kiss. Yes, really.

Please don't close the door behind you.

Postby Shadowland Dweller » May 9th, 2008, 8:38 pm

Shadowland Dweller
Wardrobian

Postby Shadowland Dweller » May 9th, 2008, 8:39 pm

Shadowland Dweller
Wardrobian

Postby galion » May 9th, 2008, 9:30 pm

galion
Wardrobian

Postby nomad » May 9th, 2008, 10:51 pm

member of the 2456317 club
"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best -- " and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called.
nomad
Wardrobian

Postby Silence » May 10th, 2008, 4:21 am

It really isn't just about the kiss, for me. It is just one in a long line of insults, and could even be viewed as a minor one; the straw that broke the camel's back. If I could forget that this movie is Narnia, I would probably enjoy it. But I can't.

Just the other night I stayed up absurdly late, and was feeling particularly goofy and forgiving, so I browsed Prince Caspian clips and news and trivia. I will tell you right now, was I laughing at how well they had managed to slaughter C.S. Lewis's masterpiece. When I woke up the next morning, I was seething mad, with no humor left over.

To add injury to insult, this picture came out of nowhere and nearly stopped my heart, it scared me so bad. Still does, actually. (I can't believe I'm posting this, but figure it is the best way to end the argument about just how 'innocent' the kiss really is. Someday, I will return to delete it)

:angry: :confused: :brood: :anxious: :thinking: :sad: :stunned: :furious: :ashamed: -in other words, all our unhappy/mad smilies.

Silence :read:
Silence
Wardrobian

Postby Pete » May 10th, 2008, 5:40 am

Member of The 2456317 Club

Pete
Wardrobian

Postby Silence » May 10th, 2008, 7:56 am

Reply to Pete
1: Thank you for the kind reply. Yes, it is always possible that I am wildly overreacting, but doubt it, as it is not so much the letter of the book I am seeking as the spirit of it. (I actually think the outward appearance of the movie looks great.)
2: I agree that they did not 'slaughter' the first one. When I skip the parts that aggravate me I think the first movie was decent, but no more.
3: How long is Prince Caspian the book, really? Many faithful adaptions of both complex and simple books have turned out brilliantly, so I find it difficult to buy the 'it is hard to adapt' cop out.

Remember, I am the one who started back when we had nothing but the "alliances and antagonisms" quote.
Narnia is a special place to me because I can understand so much through it, or by using it has a touch-stone. I have gone on so many journeys there, and have been deeply defined directly and indirectly by them, so I hope you will forgive me if I say that right now, it feels like the destruction of the Shire in LotR, or Shift's 'improving' Narnia in TLB.

All the same, I expect it to make a ridiculous amount of money from all the fans, Christians, fantasy-lovers, kids, summer movie-goers, and people who just want to see a decently intelligent movie without an R or PG-13 rating. Even I will probably end up seeing it once.

Here's to hoping, people! [all beverages please rise] "May we forget what the real Narnia is like while watching the movie, and never be too proud to admit that it may tick us off more if it turns out to be sloppy and a complete flop." [*gulp*- you may be seated.] {Edit: Have seen the movie, and will never raise a glass in its honor ever again.}

Silence :read:
PS: The kissing freaks me out because . . . I hate kissing in most movies. It seems so artificial and meaningless, actors and actresses in general dislike it, and it feels so unnecessary most of the time. ('Yuck, I'm embarrassed for those poor people who don't seem to have the sense to be embarrassed for themselves' has always been my reaction.)
Last edited by Silence on May 18th, 2008, 1:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Silence
Wardrobian

Postby nomad » May 13th, 2008, 2:51 am

I have to admit, that doesn't look like an innocent kiss. I suppose the saving grace is that since Susan isn't coming back to Narnia, it can't go anywhere.
member of the 2456317 club
"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best -- " and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called.
nomad
Wardrobian

the New Movie

Postby weehours » May 13th, 2008, 3:20 am

I went to see The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe once, and was terribly disappointed. I am NOT going to see the next movie in theatres and really don't know if I'll even bother renting it. I'd much rather read the books again!
weehours

Re: the New Movie

Postby UrendiMaleldil » May 14th, 2008, 12:10 pm

If you were subjects of Maleldil, you would have peace.
UrendiMaleldil
Wardrobian

Postby Pete » May 15th, 2008, 2:40 am

Member of The 2456317 Club

Pete
Wardrobian

Postby rusmeister » May 15th, 2008, 8:14 pm

"Eh? Two views? There are a dozen views about everything until you know the answer. Then there's never more than one."
Bill "The Blizzard" Hingest - That Hideous Strength
rusmeister
Wardrobian

Postby rusmeister » May 15th, 2008, 8:18 pm

"Eh? Two views? There are a dozen views about everything until you know the answer. Then there's never more than one."
Bill "The Blizzard" Hingest - That Hideous Strength
rusmeister
Wardrobian

Postby CKinna » May 16th, 2008, 8:48 pm

Now that many of us have had the opportunity to see it (at least in my neck of the woods) my only thought is that this is one of the reasons Susan is no longer a friend of Narnia. She went after Caspian, the poor guy had no time to react. Lipstick and invitations are but the half of it.
What does not satisfy when we find it, was not the thing we were desiring. - Brother Jack
CKinna
Wardrobian

Postby Dan65802 » May 19th, 2008, 12:52 pm

He didn't exactly give an invitation, but he ended up with some lip-stick!

- Dan -
"Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that." - Martin Luther King
Dan65802
Wardrobian

PreviousNext

Return to The Chronicles of Narnia