This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

Caspian and Susan kiss. Yes, really.

Please don't close the door behind you.

Caspian and Susan kiss. Yes, really.

Postby glumPuddle » May 2nd, 2008, 3:50 am

http://www.narniaweb.com/news.asp?id=1666&dl=17801210

I promise this is not a joke. was a joke, but the latest TV Spot is not. :cry:
<---Click
Chronological Order: 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1956
glumPuddle
Wardrobian

Postby john » May 2nd, 2008, 4:55 am

It's Hollywood, and driven by money. Should we really be that surprised?

I'm certainly not.
john
Chief Wardrobian
john
Chief Wardrobian

Postby Silence » May 2nd, 2008, 7:08 am

Well, it is official: I am now caught somewhere between "I doubt I will see it" and "I need a thesaurus to properly express myself . . . here we go; impossible, unthinkable, inconceivable . . . Um, Idioms; 'out of the question' and 'contrary to all reason' are good . . ." [See Pain]

I had a hard time sitting through the first movie. With this one, I am convinced there would have to be an awesome evening, good company, and some free tickets involved to get me in the theater. If they managed to create a decent professional stand-alone fan-fiction (if you will forgive the oxymoron), I will be impressed.

Sorry. I've been watching this project develop from the first rumors, and hoped the warning signs would turn out harmless false alarms, but it just keeps getting worse, and worse, and . . . oh man, you mean they haven't spoiled everything yet? They need another Spoiler?! :furious:

This was just my little tirade. I sincerely hope that people looking for different things than I will get what they want from this movie, and enjoy themselves, and not think it was a total waste of time and money.

Silence :read:
Silence
Wardrobian

Postby carol » May 2nd, 2008, 10:16 am

carol
Wardrobian

Postby john » May 2nd, 2008, 2:01 pm

john
Chief Wardrobian
john
Chief Wardrobian

Postby Pete » May 3rd, 2008, 5:17 am

Member of The 2456317 Club

Pete
Wardrobian

Postby repectabiggle » May 3rd, 2008, 4:07 pm

I don't think anybody is saying there's anything wrong with a kiss per se, but it doesn't belong in Prince Caspian. And it sure doesn't sound to me like it's anything but romantic, or am I wrong about that? Lewis himself, as I've noted elsewhere, specifically excluded that sort of thing from the Chronicles.
repectabiggle
Wardrobian

Postby A#minor » May 3rd, 2008, 6:29 pm

OMG, I'm horrified! What the.....? :brood: Stupid blank blank Hollywood! I hate you, Andrew Adamson. :furious:

Of course, I'll still buy the EE-DVD when it comes out, and I'll still go see it three times in the theatre; but I'll gripe and complain the whole way, and I'll scream out "That's not how it happened!" to everyone within hearing distance. Grrrrr....... :angry:
"My brain and this world don't fit each other, and there's an end of it!" - G.K. Chesterton
A#minor
Wardrobian

Postby Isabel » May 3rd, 2008, 11:53 pm

Member of the 2456317 Club
Isabel
Wardrobian

Postby Pete » May 4th, 2008, 5:00 am

Member of The 2456317 Club

Pete
Wardrobian

Postby Stanley Anderson » May 4th, 2008, 6:56 am

…on a night of rain Frodo smelled a sweet fragrance on the air and heard the sound of singing that came over the water. And then it seemed to him that as in his dream in the house of Bombadil, the grey rain-curtain turned all to silver glass and was rolled back, and he beheld white shores and beyond them a fair green country under a swift sunrise.
Stanley Anderson
Wardrobian

Postby repectabiggle » May 4th, 2008, 3:19 pm

Something nobody's mentioned (that I've seen): Maybe this is "their" way of setting up Susan's love for lipsticks, nylons, and parties? If so, it's a pretty poor way to go about it, as a Queen of Narnia being attracted to and kissing a King of Narnia farewell is a far cry from the sort of thing Lewis was talking about (i.e., wanting to be "grown-up" in TLB).

Ugh--I do hope this doesn't turn into another one of those "What's wrong with lipstick, etc?" threads, however. Those are so tiresome.

Maybe it's as simple as showing that Susan really is too old to go back to Narnia? If so, what corresponding scene/action should we expect from Peter?
repectabiggle
Wardrobian

Postby Stanley Anderson » May 4th, 2008, 5:05 pm

…on a night of rain Frodo smelled a sweet fragrance on the air and heard the sound of singing that came over the water. And then it seemed to him that as in his dream in the house of Bombadil, the grey rain-curtain turned all to silver glass and was rolled back, and he beheld white shores and beyond them a fair green country under a swift sunrise.
Stanley Anderson
Wardrobian

Postby Lirenel » May 4th, 2008, 6:10 pm

The Lord is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life, of whom shall I be afraid? - Psalm 27:1

Member of the 2456317 Club
Lirenel
Wardrobian

Postby repectabiggle » May 4th, 2008, 6:50 pm

repectabiggle
Wardrobian

Next

Return to The Chronicles of Narnia