This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

Wardrobians report on PC--Warning! Spoilers allowed!

Please don't close the door behind you.

When do you plan to see Prince Caspian?

Friday, Opening Night!
21%
Saturday!
11%
Sunday!
11%
I don't know, but as soon as I can.
21%
I don't know, but it will be out for a while, so I will let the crowds die off first.
13%
I am fairly indifferent--whenever I see it, I see it.
11%
I'm waiting for DVD.
2%
I'm not in the US, and it is not being released for us yet.
6%
I'm not really interested--I don't plan to see it.
4%

Total votes : 47

Postby John F » June 24th, 2008, 7:13 am

John F

Postby David Jack » June 30th, 2008, 8:52 am

Just saw the film at the weekend. Oh dear.

I won't make a long list of my complaints here, partly because it would take too long and partly because it would only end in a similar and equally fruitless debate with pro-film people as that which was contested over LWW. What I will say is that all the secondary faults of the production (secondary but still pretty consequential) seemed to stem from the same kind of mentality that caused Aslan to be marginalised and misrepresented ("if you were any braver you'd be a lioness" huh?) This was directly in keeping with the first film.

If Adamson is definitely falling on his sword (not that he'd see it that way) that's something to be thankful for as is the fact that Reepicheep, who was one of the very few plus points of PC apart from Georgie Henley will be carried over into VDT. Also Caspian (the 26 year old!) will be just about the right age, though still a little old perhaps, by the time of the next movie.

There will be much metaphorical blowing of horns (at the right time!) and general invocation of Aslan (the real one!) that he will breathe upon the new director and that the quest for the missing Lords will display some kind of faithfulness to the original story.
"This is and has been the Father’s work from the beginning-to bring us into the home of His heart.” George MacDonald.
David Jack
Wardrobian

Postby David Jack » June 30th, 2008, 9:00 am

"This is and has been the Father’s work from the beginning-to bring us into the home of His heart.” George MacDonald.
David Jack
Wardrobian

Postby Puddleglee » June 30th, 2008, 12:46 pm

Well, it wasn't the book made into a film, but it was just about a film version of the book!

I loved Reepicheep and that the 'tail incident' was left in.

I was really interested in the exploration of Peter and Susan's different attitudes to Narnia. It's the biggest indication that the intention is to make all 7 films, since the payoff for Susan having moved on and only wanting to be in Narnia for as long as she's there is in The Last Battle.

I could live with the semi-manifestation of the White Witch as a way for Edmund to gain 'closure'. Also, Peter didn't just lead his siblings 'wrong', he lead the whole of Narnia wrong with his attack on Miraz' castle.

I was disappointed by the trees - I had really high hopes of those. Also, there wasn't nearly enough of Dr Cornelius.

The only thing that I absolutely hated was Lucy sitting on the Stone Table.
'Ridden a wha-ha-ha-hat!' - Bree

Member of the 2456317Club!
Puddleglee
Wardrobian

Postby Leslie » June 30th, 2008, 3:23 pm

"What are you laughing at?"
"At myself. My little puny self," said Phillipa.
--Rumer Godden, In This House of Brede
Leslie
Wardrobian

Postby Puddleglee » June 30th, 2008, 5:39 pm

Puddleglee
Wardrobian

Postby Messenger_of_Eden » July 1st, 2008, 12:41 pm

"If you believe what you like in the Gospel, and reject what you don't like, it is not the Gospel you believe, but yourself."--St. Augustine of Hippo
Messenger_of_Eden
Wardrobian

Postby Mavramorn » July 3rd, 2008, 11:49 am

"Could it be true, that I hold here in my mortal hand, a nugget of purest...green?"
Mavramorn
Wardrobian

Postby Shadowland Dweller » July 3rd, 2008, 3:48 pm

Shadowland Dweller
Wardrobian

Postby rusmeister » July 3rd, 2008, 3:56 pm

"Eh? Two views? There are a dozen views about everything until you know the answer. Then there's never more than one."
Bill "The Blizzard" Hingest - That Hideous Strength
rusmeister
Wardrobian

Postby Puddleglee » July 22nd, 2008, 11:55 am

Puddleglee
Wardrobian

Postby Stanley Anderson » July 22nd, 2008, 1:57 pm

…on a night of rain Frodo smelled a sweet fragrance on the air and heard the sound of singing that came over the water. And then it seemed to him that as in his dream in the house of Bombadil, the grey rain-curtain turned all to silver glass and was rolled back, and he beheld white shores and beyond them a fair green country under a swift sunrise.
Stanley Anderson
Wardrobian

Postby rumzy » July 27th, 2008, 7:50 pm

So long, and thanks for all the fish.
rumzy
Wardrobian

Postby Pindar » August 12th, 2008, 9:31 pm

Pindar
Wardrobian

Postby Tharkun » August 14th, 2008, 3:05 am

I must have something to work on...I cannot burn snow.

:roll:
Tharkun
Wardrobian

PreviousNext

Return to The Chronicles of Narnia