This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

Wardrobians report on PC--Warning! Spoilers allowed!

Please don't close the door behind you.

When do you plan to see Prince Caspian?

Friday, Opening Night!
21%
Saturday!
11%
Sunday!
11%
I don't know, but as soon as I can.
21%
I don't know, but it will be out for a while, so I will let the crowds die off first.
13%
I am fairly indifferent--whenever I see it, I see it.
11%
I'm waiting for DVD.
2%
I'm not in the US, and it is not being released for us yet.
6%
I'm not really interested--I don't plan to see it.
4%

Total votes : 47

Postby Dan65802 » May 23rd, 2008, 5:25 pm

"Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that." - Martin Luther King
Dan65802
Wardrobian

Postby Dan65802 » May 23rd, 2008, 5:28 pm

"Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that." - Martin Luther King
Dan65802
Wardrobian

Postby Stanley Anderson » May 23rd, 2008, 6:08 pm

…on a night of rain Frodo smelled a sweet fragrance on the air and heard the sound of singing that came over the water. And then it seemed to him that as in his dream in the house of Bombadil, the grey rain-curtain turned all to silver glass and was rolled back, and he beheld white shores and beyond them a fair green country under a swift sunrise.
Stanley Anderson
Wardrobian

Postby Dan65802 » May 23rd, 2008, 6:30 pm

Dan65802
Wardrobian

Postby Tharkun » May 23rd, 2008, 8:52 pm

I must have something to work on...I cannot burn snow.

:roll:
Tharkun
Wardrobian

Postby Ben2747 » May 23rd, 2008, 9:35 pm

Ben2747
Wardrobian

Postby Ben2747 » May 23rd, 2008, 10:03 pm

Ben2747
Wardrobian

Postby Larry W. » May 23rd, 2008, 10:37 pm

Larry W.
Wardrobian

Postby Messenger_of_Eden » May 24th, 2008, 12:17 am

"If you believe what you like in the Gospel, and reject what you don't like, it is not the Gospel you believe, but yourself."--St. Augustine of Hippo
Messenger_of_Eden
Wardrobian

Postby nomad » May 24th, 2008, 5:25 am

member of the 2456317 club
"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best -- " and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called.
nomad
Wardrobian

Postby Pete » May 24th, 2008, 8:28 am

Last edited by Pete on May 24th, 2008, 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Member of The 2456317 Club

Pete
Wardrobian

Postby repectabiggle » May 24th, 2008, 12:56 pm

repectabiggle
Wardrobian

Postby Messenger_of_Eden » May 24th, 2008, 3:18 pm

"If you believe what you like in the Gospel, and reject what you don't like, it is not the Gospel you believe, but yourself."--St. Augustine of Hippo
Messenger_of_Eden
Wardrobian

THUMBS UP

Postby friendofaslan » May 25th, 2008, 12:49 am

If you want to see a beautifully filmed movie with a positive message, then PC is worth the price of admission. I am a purist who has been won over by the reaction of non-purists who love the movie.

I tried to see it through their eyes—through the eyes of my seventeen year old public school students who like the chemistry between Caspian and Susan. And it is driving them to the books—which seems worth the kiss.

I tried seeing it through the eyes of a good friend who has not read the books and thought it was fantastic. During the film, I listened to the laughter of two little girls under ten who adored the DLF and Reep.

The cinematography is breathtaking. Aslan’s appearance is even grander than before and brought tears to my eyes. The special effects are amazing, especially how the children are transported to and from Narnia and the awakening of the trees. The themes of trust, love, sacrifice, faith, choices, loyalty, and courage all ring true.

Despite the modernization, my advice is to see the film with an open mind. It is based on Lewis' book, and yes, as one person correctly stated "loosely based", but even if the story only echoes Lewis, then that echo is being heard, and it is still a wonderful, unique, special, powerful reverberation. If these little girls, teenagers, and folks who have not read the books thoroughly enjoy the film, talk about Lewis and his books, purchase and read the Narnia books, read more Lewis books now or later in life, it seems the good outweighs the negative.

I might even see it again this summer, will definitely buy the DVD, and eagerly anticipate The Voyage of the Dawn Treader. This purist (more accurately a perfectionist purist) gives it a thumbs up. :thumbsup:
Member of the 2456317 Club. "How will you know? . . . Odd things they say--even their looks--will let the secret out. Keep your eyes open. Bless me, what do they teach them at these schools?" - Professor Kirke in LWW
friendofaslan
Wardrobian

Postby glumPuddle » May 25th, 2008, 5:55 am

<---Click
Chronological Order: 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1956
glumPuddle
Wardrobian

PreviousNext

Return to The Chronicles of Narnia