This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

Wardrobians report on PC--Warning! Spoilers allowed!

Please don't close the door behind you.

When do you plan to see Prince Caspian?

Friday, Opening Night!
21%
Saturday!
11%
Sunday!
11%
I don't know, but as soon as I can.
21%
I don't know, but it will be out for a while, so I will let the crowds die off first.
13%
I am fairly indifferent--whenever I see it, I see it.
11%
I'm waiting for DVD.
2%
I'm not in the US, and it is not being released for us yet.
6%
I'm not really interested--I don't plan to see it.
4%

Total votes : 47

Worth the price of admission...

Postby Kanakaberaka » May 27th, 2008, 2:38 am

... At $11 for one adult admission, it's no wonder I'd rather wait untill ANY film comes out on DVD. But that's rather off topic.

In this case I must admit that I DID in fact get my money's worth to see Lewis's characters up on the big screen. This in spite of the fact that I enjoyed reading the book more that watching this movie. It's not that anyone could have improved the film to better interpret the book. It's just that Prince Caspian had every fight and battle found in the book, along with a few added for good measure. But some really profound dialogue was glossed over. I know that it had to be done for cinematic purposes of couse.
so it goes...
Kanakaberaka
Wardrobian

Re: Worth the price of admission...

Postby rusmeister » May 27th, 2008, 4:53 am

"Eh? Two views? There are a dozen views about everything until you know the answer. Then there's never more than one."
Bill "The Blizzard" Hingest - That Hideous Strength
rusmeister
Wardrobian

Postby Larry W. » May 27th, 2008, 9:44 am

I don't think Prince Caspian was too bad, but I probably wouldn't want to own it. It's one of those movies that I would only want to see once. The theaters in my area charge around $6.50 for the matinees and $7.50 or $8.00 for evening shows. That isn't such a bad price, considering that you can watch the film on a big screen. But I wouldn't spend the money unless I wanted to really see the film. Rentals are less, but you don't get the big screen and the sometimes the DVD's are defective because of the way that previous users treat them. I think theaters will be around for a while-- especially for people who want to see films but may not want to own them.

Larry W.
Larry W.
Wardrobian

Postby Ben2747 » May 27th, 2008, 1:07 pm

Ben2747
Wardrobian

Postby Stanley Anderson » May 27th, 2008, 3:20 pm

…on a night of rain Frodo smelled a sweet fragrance on the air and heard the sound of singing that came over the water. And then it seemed to him that as in his dream in the house of Bombadil, the grey rain-curtain turned all to silver glass and was rolled back, and he beheld white shores and beyond them a fair green country under a swift sunrise.
Stanley Anderson
Wardrobian

Postby Dan65802 » May 27th, 2008, 3:24 pm

"Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that." - Martin Luther King
Dan65802
Wardrobian

Postby Stanley Anderson » May 27th, 2008, 3:32 pm

…on a night of rain Frodo smelled a sweet fragrance on the air and heard the sound of singing that came over the water. And then it seemed to him that as in his dream in the house of Bombadil, the grey rain-curtain turned all to silver glass and was rolled back, and he beheld white shores and beyond them a fair green country under a swift sunrise.
Stanley Anderson
Wardrobian

Postby Ben2747 » May 27th, 2008, 3:55 pm

Ben2747
Wardrobian

Postby Dan65802 » May 27th, 2008, 4:37 pm

"Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that." - Martin Luther King
Dan65802
Wardrobian

Postby Zattara » May 27th, 2008, 7:31 pm

Hello Everyone,

I agree with everyone that this wasn't what you would call a young Sunday School movie. Especially when Peter lobbed off the head of one of Miraz's attendants. I do remember though multiple people after seeing LWW state that they wish the battle scene had been a little bit more. I think that was kind of a universal feeling. I wonder if they are now getting feedback stating that it was to much? Guess you can't really win, huh.

Either way, I do wonder what they will do with Eustace in the VOTDT when after turning into a dragon he eats the dead lord of Narnia. Even Lewis mentioned how grotesque that sounded right before he wrote about Eustace doing it. I know when I just read the book again last week I shuttered! I can't imagine what they will do if that is put in the movie! I also wonder if they will have Aslan "skinning" Eustace. If both those scenes are in the next one I don't know if we could call it a "popcorn" movie. Lol.

On a completely random note, was anyone else a little disappointed with Prince Caspians soundtrack. I was hoping for some Reepicheep music and it's not on there and a lot of it was already on the LWW soundtrack. It still was good but I was disappointed.

Matt <><
Zattara

Postby Dan65802 » May 27th, 2008, 7:36 pm

Dan65802
Wardrobian

Postby Stanley Anderson » May 27th, 2008, 8:43 pm

Stanley Anderson
Wardrobian

Postby Dan65802 » May 27th, 2008, 8:46 pm

Dan65802
Wardrobian

Postby Messenger_of_Eden » May 27th, 2008, 11:57 pm

I thought the soundtrack sounded like a repeat of the original movie, and the music during the credits was just awful. The first song, especially. I might add that I stayed through the whole credit stuff because I expected there to be a surprise extra, like there was with the scene of the Professor and Lucy in the first movie--I was disappointed that there was not. :undecided:
"If you believe what you like in the Gospel, and reject what you don't like, it is not the Gospel you believe, but yourself."--St. Augustine of Hippo
Messenger_of_Eden
Wardrobian

Postby glumPuddle » May 28th, 2008, 2:08 am

<---Click
Chronological Order: 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1956
glumPuddle
Wardrobian

PreviousNext

Return to The Chronicles of Narnia