This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

Caspian reviews

Please don't close the door behind you.

Caspian reviews

Postby ransomed » May 17th, 2008, 10:51 pm

ransomed
Wardrobian

Postby Shadowland Dweller » May 18th, 2008, 2:02 am

okay, 1-10 I would give it a 8-ish.
why?

I will give spoilers later, but until then, here is some of what I think of it.

Heavy editing, but like glumpuddle said in his latest vlog, it moved me, there two parts in particular that made it feel very real, not just me a spectator watching a good story.

The editing was well done actually, in my opinion, it flowed and seemed to make logical sense, so though it differed from the book, it still made for a good story. I remember thinking as I was watching it this morning, that it felt rushed, but then I realized that PC was the book that was so slow to me when I was younger that it took me about 3-4 tries before I finally got though it. If the book moved as fast as the movie, I don't think I would have been able to put it down.

The acting didn't feel awkward this time around and the lines didn't feel forced, a huge pet peeve for me.

I will tell more about Peter and why I loved what they did with him this time around. I can tell you that I love the way Peter and Lucy's relationship is portrayed, he is not a perfect older brother, but he loves and protects his little sister :-) I also Edmund in this one too, course, I loved him in the last one too, so no shock there, but it felt like he never forgot the lessons learned from his first visit and was a changed young man because of them.

There were also a couple of personal moments for me that made the movie memorable, but that is not so quickly divulged :wink: :lipssealed:

overall, I really liked it, (LOVED Aslans How too,) it was well done, funny in parts, intense, sweet (Lucy's and Aslans embrace :wink: ) thought provoking......I can't wait to own it :smile:
Shadowland Dweller
Wardrobian

Postby ransomed » May 18th, 2008, 1:02 pm

Based on some of Lewis's essays and critiques, I believe he would have walked out before the title came up.
ransomed
Wardrobian

Postby Pete » May 18th, 2008, 1:06 pm

Member of The 2456317 Club

Pete
Wardrobian

Return to The Chronicles of Narnia