This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

Lewis's Biblical undertones Harder to distinguish in PC ???

Please don't close the door behind you.

Lewis's Biblical undertones Harder to distinguish in PC ???

Postby CaspiansQueen » May 24th, 2008, 10:54 pm

What do you chaps think ?? I myself could distinguish them quite easily but.. some others have said they were far from clear in this one wheras aslans sacrifice and reserection were obvious in the first !! :coffee:
CaspiansQueen

Postby Solomons Song » May 28th, 2008, 2:05 am

I have always thought PC had similar Christian undertones as The Lord of the Rings, in the sense that Caspian, Aragorn, and Christ are all kings with every genealogical right to the throne, but instead they chose a life of obscurity and service to the individuals they were destined to rule. And of course, this choice earns them their right to the throne, as opposed to simply inheriting it through family rights.

Perhaps Caspian is like King David in the Bible. Lots of parallels there.
Member of the "2453617 Club"
Solomons Song
Wardrobian

Postby CaspiansQueen » May 29th, 2008, 7:36 pm

Good point !!
CaspiansQueen

Postby ArdenZ » June 1st, 2008, 11:03 pm

I personally view Prince Caspian as a historical allegory, though if I stated of what I would be torn to shreds here in the Wardrobe.

You figure it out. :tongue: :wink:
"The master of that servant will come on the day when he is not looking for him, and at an hour that he is not aware of."
Matthew 24:50
ArdenZ
Wardrobian

Postby repectabiggle » June 1st, 2008, 11:18 pm

The Protestant Reformation?
repectabiggle
Wardrobian

Postby ArdenZ » June 2nd, 2008, 6:19 pm

"The master of that servant will come on the day when he is not looking for him, and at an hour that he is not aware of."
ArdenZ
Wardrobian

Postby Stanley Anderson » June 2nd, 2008, 7:29 pm

…on a night of rain Frodo smelled a sweet fragrance on the air and heard the sound of singing that came over the water. And then it seemed to him that as in his dream in the house of Bombadil, the grey rain-curtain turned all to silver glass and was rolled back, and he beheld white shores and beyond them a fair green country under a swift sunrise.
Stanley Anderson
Wardrobian

Postby ArdenZ » June 2nd, 2008, 9:13 pm

I don't take everything in the story allegoricaly, though. You could do the same with LWW and say Aslan only died for Edmund, when Jesus died for all mankind and that the Man of Sin himself will be judged rather than forgiveness given to a donkey who didn't fully realize what he was doing in the LB. So I try not to look too much at the intricacies of each story to try to make them fit with something in our world. They're just interesting to contemplate.

After thinking about it, Prince Caspian represents, to me, the fulfillment of a long stretch of events that brought back the full spirit (or magic) of God, the latest being the Azusa Street revival in the early 20th century. Martin Luther did not have everything right, but it was the beginning of a return of the Holy Spirit manifesting himself in men's lives.
Last edited by ArdenZ on June 2nd, 2008, 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ArdenZ
Wardrobian

Postby repectabiggle » June 2nd, 2008, 9:18 pm

ArdenZ, that's certainly a. . .unique "use" of PC, I guess.
repectabiggle
Wardrobian

Postby Dan65802 » June 13th, 2008, 5:37 pm

"Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that." - Martin Luther King
Dan65802
Wardrobian

Postby Stanley Anderson » June 13th, 2008, 6:32 pm

…on a night of rain Frodo smelled a sweet fragrance on the air and heard the sound of singing that came over the water. And then it seemed to him that as in his dream in the house of Bombadil, the grey rain-curtain turned all to silver glass and was rolled back, and he beheld white shores and beyond them a fair green country under a swift sunrise.
Stanley Anderson
Wardrobian

Postby glumPuddle » June 15th, 2008, 4:52 am

They seem pretty obvious to me:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ey6nCH0tfLY
<---Click
Chronological Order: 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1956
glumPuddle
Wardrobian

Postby ArdenZ » June 16th, 2008, 4:56 am

ArdenZ
Wardrobian

Postby Stanley Anderson » June 16th, 2008, 2:43 pm

Stanley Anderson
Wardrobian

Postby ArdenZ » June 16th, 2008, 6:04 pm

ArdenZ
Wardrobian

Next

Return to The Chronicles of Narnia