This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

a serious quiz/test

Please don't close the door behind you.

a serious quiz/test

Postby Shadowland Dweller » June 8th, 2008, 3:20 pm

I think some of you know that I like doing online tests and quizes, this week I was looking for one to help me pic a movie character to be for an upcoming DiG overnighter and I got really frustrated with the CoN tests.

Most of them were just "set-up" questions, like, "what weapon do you prefer? sword, bow, or dagger?" I think it's pretty easy to tell who you are going to be with questions like that. :rolleyes:

So I wanted to know if anyone of you guys (and I mean "guys" in the general sense :wink: ) would be interested in doing a serious CoN test. One that is based on personality of the characters and not just on what they look like or what weapon they like to carry.

Anyone interested?? I figured there is a wealth of true CoN knowledge here that could produce a fine test indeed :grin:

any takers??
Shadowland Dweller
Wardrobian

Postby A#minor » June 9th, 2008, 1:09 am

You mean, writing our own quiz?
"My brain and this world don't fit each other, and there's an end of it!" - G.K. Chesterton
A#minor
Wardrobian

Postby Shadowland Dweller » June 9th, 2008, 3:49 am

well.....uhmmm......yes...I suppose that is a simpler way to put it :blush: :grin:
Shadowland Dweller
Wardrobian

Postby Dan65802 » June 13th, 2008, 5:25 pm

"Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that." - Martin Luther King
Dan65802
Wardrobian

Postby Shadowland Dweller » June 16th, 2008, 3:36 pm

Shadowland Dweller
Wardrobian

Postby Pete » June 17th, 2008, 1:50 pm

Member of The 2456317 Club

Pete
Wardrobian

Postby Dan65802 » June 17th, 2008, 3:30 pm

"Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that." - Martin Luther King
Dan65802
Wardrobian

Postby john » June 17th, 2008, 3:33 pm

john
Chief Wardrobian
john
Chief Wardrobian

Postby repectabiggle » June 17th, 2008, 3:37 pm

repectabiggle
Wardrobian

Postby john » June 17th, 2008, 3:58 pm

john
Chief Wardrobian
john
Chief Wardrobian

Postby Shadowland Dweller » June 19th, 2008, 8:03 pm

Shadowland Dweller
Wardrobian

Narnian Personality Quiz

Postby alphonsus » July 6th, 2008, 10:23 pm

I think those are good characters to choose. Now what are the personality qualities each of those characters.

Upon doing that, we can create indepth questions, and like you said, not questions like, "what do you prefer: a sword, dagger or bow & arrow?"

For example:

Peter: You are a brave person. You take chances and are a naturally born leader. Sometimes you hesitate, but in the end of most situations, you take charge, and no matter what the outcome, you will not stop fighting for what is right and good. You have a good sense of your self, and love your family. At times you are a bit stern with those you love, but you love them nonetheless. You share your power, and you are not selfish. You look upward, instead of inward, thinking not about yourself, but about what you felt called to do. You are Peter the Magnificent.

Okay, so this is a bit choppy, so maybe the better thing to do is to write down the qualities of each character. Some might overlap.

So Peter's little write up includes:
-Bravery and courage.
-Leadership
-Steadfastness
-Sterness with Family and Friends (aka, High Expectations?)
-Not selfish (aka, sacraficial)
-Trusts in something bigger than self (aka, God, for example)

Other qualities could be thought of.

So what are other qualities of each character that we can make a write up of each?
alphonsus

Postby Danman » July 14th, 2008, 5:14 pm

"And this is the marvel of marvels, that he called me, Beloved, me who am but as a dog---" Emeth.
And as He spoke He no longer looked to them like a lion; But the things that began to happen after that were so great and beautiful that I cannot write them.
Danman
Wardrobian

Postby Shadowland Dweller » July 15th, 2008, 6:08 am

ooooh I think I would go from the book, though, I can see how I would incorporate some perspectives from the movie, like Peter being so irritated...it was something I never thought of before.

So, should we agree on a way to word the questions then each tackle a character (I mean that in the figurative sense of course) and report back later?
Shadowland Dweller
Wardrobian

Return to The Chronicles of Narnia