This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

Voyage of the Dawn Treader (aka my favorite book)

Please don't close the door behind you.

Re: Voyage of the Dawn Treader (aka my favorite book)

Postby nomad » August 15th, 2009, 2:37 am

Cool. At least it looks like the set designers get Narnia. And look at the story underneath that... the will be Dufflepuds!!! :grin: Yay!
member of the 2456317 club
"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best -- " and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called.
nomad
Wardrobian

Postby archenland_knight » August 16th, 2009, 12:13 am

Oh yes. Leaving out the Dufflepuds would have been absolutely inexcusable!
Romans 5:8 "But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us."
archenland_knight
Wardrobian

Postby carol » August 16th, 2009, 12:50 am

If you are keen, I recommend visiting NarniaWeb every day as the news and photos are flying in thick and fast.
Casting is announced for Coriakin, Pug, Gumpas, Drinian, Rynelf, Rhince,... and the chief Duffer.
The 3-day shoot at the Narrowhaven set is over, and because it's all out in the open, millions of photos have been taken by people who wander in from nearby (there ARE fences to keep them right off) or even hire boats and go out on the water to take photos!) Watching the DT come together has been interesting and has kept discussions red-hot.
:smile:

I can also mention that because Disney is no longer connected with the film, I am more confident about the story and themes as being closer to the book.
carol
Wardrobian

Postby Pete » August 16th, 2009, 11:51 am

Member of The 2456317 Club

Pete
Wardrobian

Postby carol » August 22nd, 2009, 12:18 am

Pete, if you can get up to Queensland in a hurry, for a gold coin you can sit in the temporary grandstand/bleachers and watch filming for a day. The money is going to charity.
carol
Wardrobian

Postby matdonna » September 2nd, 2009, 2:08 am

Readings of Voyage of the Dawn Treader are now being podcast at
matdonna
Wardrobian

Postby meu » September 2nd, 2009, 10:19 pm

And I'm just plain happy that Skandar Keynes is playing Edmund once again. The guy is brilliant. I loved that brother/brother interaction between him and Peter in Prince Caspian: "I know... You had it all sorted out". :wink: There were also some glimpses of acting brilliance in the beach scene with Trumpkin, as far as I remember. I really need to buy the DVD. I liked that film very much, precisely because it was far more serious than LWW, which accords with the progress of the novels. And I LOVED the castle battle for its solid tactic! (also present in the final battle with Telmarine army in form of the Peter/Edmund subterfuge)

MeU
meu

Postby LucyP » September 17th, 2009, 5:48 pm

I LOVE voyage of the dawn treader. I'm reading the last battle now. I've only read every book once. Those are the only c s lewis books i've ever read. I found a photo on narniaweb of the finished dawn treader!!!!! It is so cool, and that is pretty much what I imagined it to be like!!!! btw, my username on narniaweb is LucyTheValiant

What do you guys think about the horse and his boy? I personally didn't like it a whole lot, but overall it was alright. The book, I mean.
LucyP
Wardrobian

Previous

Return to The Chronicles of Narnia