This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

Voyage of the Dawn Treader (aka my favorite book)

Please don't close the door behind you.

Voyage of the Dawn Treader (aka my favorite book)

Postby Shadowland Dweller » June 20th, 2008, 4:04 pm

Has anyone started a thread about the impending movie? I just saw at Narnia Web that they have cast Eustace. I watched the little clip of him in Son of Ranbow and I think he will be a good Eustace. It's funny because I was thinking not 4 hours before I read that Eustace has been found, "I hope they do a good job casting Eustace." He really has to be the perfect blend of obnoxious and sweet. I think this kid has the right look too, very real, normal looking boy.
Shadowland Dweller
Wardrobian

Postby repectabiggle » June 20th, 2008, 4:16 pm

ha, I thought surely "Son of Ranbow" was somehow a mistake for "Son of Rambo." Glad to hear they're not actually making the latter.

How about we start a list of essential things we predict they'll gut from this movie? Let's see. . .probably the baptism/undragoning part. They'll make the scene in the governor's hall into a full-scale battle instead of a bluff. The Dark Island will be about a half-hour of overdone special effects. They'll completely omit Ramandu's "even in your world" line, or else make it something completely different and contradictory to the original. The lamb at the world's edge will actually be Babe the Pig. Somebody will get pushed into the pool on Deathwater island. The Dufflepuds will overthrow the magician and set up a democracy. And who knows what they'll add to pad the beginning scenes in Eustace's house. Probably Edward will choke Eustace out while Lucy smacks him with books about fat foreign children doing exercises.
repectabiggle
Wardrobian

Postby Shadowland Dweller » June 21st, 2008, 7:14 am

you are a marshwiggle aren't you :wink: don't be so glum :grin:

i don't think they will they will take out the de-dragon-ing part, Eustace's entire story hinges on this.

They might have someone fall in Deathwater, would be rather dramatic... :thinking:

I can't wait to see how the islands will look, I think that is one reason why I like VDT so much, the variety and imagination, that and I love Eustace's story.

My favorite parts are:
Eustace and the dragon
Lucy reading the magic book
Ramandu and his daughter

I also love the description of Dawn Treader, which is odd because I don't really care about boats or ships, but I love the idea of the ship being a dragon.
Shadowland Dweller
Wardrobian

Postby Pete » June 21st, 2008, 10:29 am

Member of The 2456317 Club

Pete
Wardrobian

Postby Shadowland Dweller » June 21st, 2008, 2:54 pm

Shadowland Dweller
Wardrobian

Postby repectabiggle » June 22nd, 2008, 12:15 am

repectabiggle
Wardrobian

Postby glumPuddle » June 24th, 2008, 7:05 am

<---Click
Chronological Order: 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1956
glumPuddle
Wardrobian

Postby carol » June 24th, 2008, 9:21 am

carol
Wardrobian

Postby Pete » June 24th, 2008, 2:03 pm

Fair enough... I knew it wasn't the finished product, but still, whoever leaked that draft I'm assuming they had in mind to embarrass Walden Media...:??: Here's hoping the final script is way better than that leaked one! :pleased:

Pete
Wardrobian

Postby Shadowland Dweller » June 24th, 2008, 11:55 pm

I have faith in Walden Media....I think they will put out a good product, and I think something important to remember, the longer you have to dream and fantasize about something, the more difficult it is to turn that into reality, and in this case, there is a lot to live up to.
Shadowland Dweller
Wardrobian

Postby Pete » June 25th, 2008, 11:25 am

I agree, SD! I do hope that they will find in for this one that they need to make far less changes than they did for the first two movies - because VDT just doesn't need it. I can accept that some changes were okay for LW&W, and lots of changes were needed to tell PC in film, but, as far as I can see, I don't think VDT needs changes. But I'm sure they'll do a beautiful job and I'll love the movie! :pleased:

Pete
Wardrobian

Postby Shadowland Dweller » June 25th, 2008, 4:14 pm

Shadowland Dweller
Wardrobian

Postby Messenger_of_Eden » June 26th, 2008, 2:43 am

"If you believe what you like in the Gospel, and reject what you don't like, it is not the Gospel you believe, but yourself."--St. Augustine of Hippo
Messenger_of_Eden
Wardrobian

Postby Shadowland Dweller » June 27th, 2008, 6:16 am

Shadowland Dweller
Wardrobian

Postby lissy » August 8th, 2008, 5:23 pm

I liked the choice for Eustace as well... something about his nose conveys the right amount of snobishness. The part that makes VDT my favorite book is when they come to the sweet water and the lilies. Something about drinking liquid light, the sun getting bigger everyday, the birds with human voices, and not needing food or sleep is very magical for me. Those scenes would be a joy to design and direct...I hope they do a good job. :undecided:
“Shall I tell you the secret of the whole world? It is that we have only known the back of the world. We see everything from behind, and it looks brutal. This is not a tree, but the back of a tree. This is not a cloud, but the back of a cloud. Cannot you see that everything is stooping and hiding its face? If we could only get round in front…"
lissy
Wardrobian

Next

Return to The Chronicles of Narnia