This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

Voyage of the Dawn Treader (aka my favorite book)

Please don't close the door behind you.

Postby Wormwood Scrubb » September 7th, 2008, 9:29 am

'I don't suppose you have read Lord Chesterfield's Letters to his son?'
...Well, of course I hadn't. Bertram Wooster does not read other people's letters. If I were employed in the post office, I wouldn't even read the postcards. ~ Aunts Aren't Gentlemen
Wormwood Scrubb
Wardrobian

Postby carol » September 7th, 2008, 9:58 am

carol
Wardrobian

Postby Stanley Anderson » September 7th, 2008, 3:41 pm

…on a night of rain Frodo smelled a sweet fragrance on the air and heard the sound of singing that came over the water. And then it seemed to him that as in his dream in the house of Bombadil, the grey rain-curtain turned all to silver glass and was rolled back, and he beheld white shores and beyond them a fair green country under a swift sunrise.
Stanley Anderson
Wardrobian

Postby carol » September 11th, 2008, 11:30 am

carol
Wardrobian

Postby matdonna » September 11th, 2008, 4:23 pm

matdonna
Wardrobian

Postby rusmeister » September 11th, 2008, 7:42 pm

"Eh? Two views? There are a dozen views about everything until you know the answer. Then there's never more than one."
Bill "The Blizzard" Hingest - That Hideous Strength
rusmeister
Wardrobian

Postby Stanley Anderson » September 11th, 2008, 8:32 pm

…on a night of rain Frodo smelled a sweet fragrance on the air and heard the sound of singing that came over the water. And then it seemed to him that as in his dream in the house of Bombadil, the grey rain-curtain turned all to silver glass and was rolled back, and he beheld white shores and beyond them a fair green country under a swift sunrise.
Stanley Anderson
Wardrobian

Postby Dan65802 » September 11th, 2008, 8:34 pm

"Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that." - Martin Luther King
Dan65802
Wardrobian

Postby carol » September 12th, 2008, 8:01 am

carol
Wardrobian

Postby rusmeister » September 12th, 2008, 9:29 am

"Eh? Two views? There are a dozen views about everything until you know the answer. Then there's never more than one."
Bill "The Blizzard" Hingest - That Hideous Strength
rusmeister
Wardrobian

Postby Puddleglee » November 12th, 2008, 1:03 pm

'Ridden a wha-ha-ha-hat!' - Bree

Member of the 2456317Club!
Puddleglee
Wardrobian

Postby Shadowland Dweller » November 12th, 2008, 8:58 pm

Shadowland Dweller
Wardrobian

Also my favourite book. I am a bit concerned about the movie

Postby anuska » November 15th, 2008, 3:09 am

anuska

Postby Puddleglee » November 16th, 2008, 8:07 pm

I think the thing to remind ourselves with all the CoN films is that they are films. We might not like or agree with all the changes that are made but if they bring new people to the books, are they so bad, really? The question I always ask myself is, 'Is this a good film?'. In both cases so far, the answer has been, 'Yes'. Were they faithful adaptations? Well, no, not really, but both addressed issues that the books don't.

In LWW, Edmund is confronted directly with the consequences of his actions when Tumnus is turned to stone in front of him, rather than him finding the Faun already a statue.

In PC, Caspian accuses Peter of abandoning Narnia, and we see what happened to Prunaprismia and her baby.

I suspect that VDT will follow the same pattern. It will be a glorious children's adventure film with enough of the characters and story from the book to make it recognisable. Someone's favourite part will be left out but some other issue will be explored that the book is silent on (perhaps the ultimate fate of Gumpass?). I shall certainly go and see it and buy the DVD.
'Ridden a wha-ha-ha-hat!' - Bree

Member of the 2456317Club!
Puddleglee
Wardrobian

Postby Danman » November 26th, 2008, 5:59 pm

"And this is the marvel of marvels, that he called me, Beloved, me who am but as a dog---" Emeth.
And as He spoke He no longer looked to them like a lion; But the things that began to happen after that were so great and beautiful that I cannot write them.
Danman
Wardrobian

PreviousNext

Return to The Chronicles of Narnia