This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

Voyage of the Dawn Treader (aka my favorite book)

Please don't close the door behind you.

Re: Voyage of the Dawn Treader (aka my favorite book)

Postby Shadowland Dweller » December 1st, 2008, 5:10 am

Puddleglee, I wholeheartedly agree. I was thinking about the books v.s the movies the other day. I like both separate of each other, I will be buying PC when it comes out. I am just hoping that some of my favorite scenes will be in the movie. (VDT)
Shadowland Dweller
Wardrobian

Postby Zattara08 » December 2nd, 2008, 3:49 pm

It has to be so much harder with VODT because of how many scenes are in the book. It almost seems like trying to put Homer into a two hour flick. It has to be an incredibly difficult task! I also have many scenes I want in the movie as well but I wonder how we temper those desires to accept the excitement of finally having a legit VODT film that will be well done and most likely have a great story!

Given the focus on the supposed love story in PC I do wonder how much that will be magnified in this story. Also has anyone else heard about Trumpkin being put on the ship? How are they going to have Aslan stripping the dragon as well. Little violent and gross reading it---cannot imagine viewing it! I hope it is there but man I will close my eyes. Which I did when reading it but obviously it did not work to well, huh! :snow-laugh:
"These are the days when the Christian is expected to praise every creed except his own." G.K. Chesterton
Zattara08

Postby Stanley Anderson » December 2nd, 2008, 4:21 pm

…on a night of rain Frodo smelled a sweet fragrance on the air and heard the sound of singing that came over the water. And then it seemed to him that as in his dream in the house of Bombadil, the grey rain-curtain turned all to silver glass and was rolled back, and he beheld white shores and beyond them a fair green country under a swift sunrise.
Stanley Anderson
Wardrobian

Postby john » December 2nd, 2008, 4:24 pm

john
Chief Wardrobian
john
Chief Wardrobian

Postby nomad » December 3rd, 2008, 5:39 pm

I had the exact same reaction John. Nooooooooooooooo!
member of the 2456317 club
"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best -- " and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called.
nomad
Wardrobian

Postby nomad » December 3rd, 2008, 5:44 pm

"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best -- " and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called.
nomad
Wardrobian

Postby Zattara08 » December 4th, 2008, 2:48 pm

Man the thought of Lucy being a love interest of Caspian is just as bad as Janet Jackson playing the white witch. I cannot imagine disney or Michael Apted being that dumb! Interesting thought though...awfully horrendous but still interesting:snow-wink:

Do you think there going to magnify Caspian's romance with Ramandu's daughter (will she have a name?) and insert her like Arwen was for Aragorn in LOTR? It made Aragorn even more heroic having her kind of telepathically speaking to him. (at least implied)

Also-if they do not have Aslan appear as the lamb at the end I will be greatly disappointed!
"These are the days when the Christian is expected to praise every creed except his own." G.K. Chesterton
Zattara08

Postby Sokol_iz_Narnii » December 7th, 2008, 2:01 am

"... noble death is a treasure which no one is too poor to buy".
C.S. Lewis, :The Last Battle".
Sokol_iz_Narnii

Postby Puddleglee » December 10th, 2008, 1:49 pm

'Ridden a wha-ha-ha-hat!' - Bree

Member of the 2456317Club!
Puddleglee
Wardrobian

Postby Dan65802 » December 10th, 2008, 5:19 pm

I suppose they might reduce the number of Lords in order to save time. I remember when the movie Three Days of the Condor came out and being upset because I'd read the book which was Six Days of the Condor.

- Dan -
"Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that." - Martin Luther King
Dan65802
Wardrobian

Postby nomad » December 10th, 2008, 6:58 pm

OMG! how could they not have the monopods? They're hilarious. Don't even suggest a thing. :snow-sealed:
nomad
Wardrobian

Postby Zattara08 » January 9th, 2009, 5:42 am

Somehow if they did not have Aslan dancing with the children in PC I do not know if they will have the monopods. Although, if you think about it, I cannot see that entire scene not being in the movie. Neither will the deathwater or Eustace/dragon be cut out. Maybe it won't be cut but just severely edited? I don't know...which is worse?
Zattara08

Postby Shadowland Dweller » May 3rd, 2009, 10:23 pm

Nomad you made me laugh :lol:

I have put VDT on the back burner for a bit, just so I don't wake up disappointed every day.....bah! Why MUST it take so long though? I know, I know....I want them to get it right, but seriously, they really should have had things lined up for the entire series. They need to put me on the job and I will get things moving along quickly! :wink: I don't want to be 45 years old before I get to see all the movies. There is nothing wrong with that age, but I am impatient and would like to have them finished before I have grandchildren thank you kindly! :brood:

I am however grateful of the care that is being taken to get this stuff right.....I read then watched Twilight...wow, they hacked that movie up badly. We had a little party to watch it when it came out on video, and three of the 6 girls/women hadn't read the book and were so lost because of the terrible edit job that was done...and the author was there for so much of it's creation. oy.
So, to whom it may concern.....PLEASE take care with VDT and the rest of the books, I believe it was Keats who asks us to tread lightly because we tread on his dreams.....please, do tread lightly.
Shadowland Dweller
Wardrobian

Postby Sokol_iz_Narnii » May 3rd, 2009, 11:43 pm

"... noble death is a treasure which no one is too poor to buy".
C.S. Lewis, :The Last Battle".
Sokol_iz_Narnii

Postby Pete » May 4th, 2009, 9:29 am

Member of The 2456317 Club

Pete
Wardrobian

PreviousNext

Return to The Chronicles of Narnia