This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

The Last Battle;

Please don't close the door behind you.

The Last Battle;

Postby splashen » November 15th, 2008, 2:14 am

Although I really wish CS Lewis kept Susan as the 8'Th friend of Narnia, I really enjoyed The Last Battle. I thought it was a really great story, with a fantastic story line.

Anyone else agree?
splashen
Wardrobian

About Susan being left out

Postby anuska » November 15th, 2008, 3:04 am

anuska

Re: About Susan being left out

Postby splashen » November 15th, 2008, 5:00 am

splashen
Wardrobian

Postby carol » November 15th, 2008, 7:39 am

carol
Wardrobian

Postby Puddleglee » November 16th, 2008, 7:58 pm

I think LB is, ultimately, a positive book. Help comes to Tirian when he asks for it, those who truly seek Aslan arrive in his country, the 'real' Narnia is not destroyed and it is linked with all the other 'real' countries - and the story the characters live out when the book ends is the most wonderful story ever.

The thing that always strikes me is Eustace (I think) noticing that some of the animals who had fought with the Calormenes come into the stable, rather than being lost in Aslan's shadow. There's a comment about him not understanding this but it being none of his business. Being able to go 'further up and further in' is between the individual and Aslan.

The other thing I love about it is not being able to want 'wrong' things in Aslan's country. The only choices available are 'good' ones.

The dwarfs are a sad case. We all engage in self-delusions that cut us off from the reality around us, now and then, and sometimes we can't get out of it on our own - we need someone to offer us violets to smell![/i]
'Ridden a wha-ha-ha-hat!' - Bree

Member of the 2456317Club!
Puddleglee
Wardrobian

Return to The Chronicles of Narnia