This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

The Last Battle

Please don't close the door behind you.

The Last Battle

Postby Simonsays89 » December 1st, 2008, 10:41 pm

Hello everyone. I'm really hoping you can help me out. I'm currently in a British Literature English class and doing my research paper on aspects of Christianity in The Last Battle. Unfortunately I have run into two roadblocks. :snow-frown: My thesis statement needs to have three contentions, and I only have two. Currently I have the Christian symbols found in the novel and the Biblical parallels in the novel. I need one more. Any suggestions?

Also I have been having trouble finding good analyses on The Last Battle that talk about, in depth, Christianity in The Last Battle. Does anyone know of any good resources I could use to find this information.

Thanks!
Simonsays89

Re: The Last Battle

Postby Sven » December 1st, 2008, 11:57 pm

Welcome, Simon!

For contention number 3, you could address Universalism.

For resources, you could go through this forum, and look at the discussions on the book. For discussions specifically about Universalism, go to Search Forums and put in the keyword Emeth. If you need something in print, I suggest you look at Ford's Companion to Narnia.
Rat! he found breath to whisper, shaking. Are you afraid?
Afraid? murmured the Rat, his eyes shining with unutterable love.
Afraid! Of Him? O, never, never! And yet -- and yet -- O, Mole, I am afraid!
Then the two animals, crouching to the earth, bowed their heads and did worship.
Sven

Postby Dan65802 » December 4th, 2008, 3:59 pm

Another option for a third contention would be eschatology in The Last Battle.

- Dan -
"Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that." - Martin Luther King
Dan65802
Wardrobian

Postby Sokol_iz_Narnii » December 23rd, 2008, 4:23 am

Simonsays89

I want to express my thoughts about why to read the "The Last Battle" very important.
The book is very clear that all those who lived in Narnia, to make free, choice.
All could accept or reject in their hearts Lion.
Free Will - the highest gift, which can only donate Aslan.
The book is very well be seen as narnians took advantage of their free will.
This is very important for all people - children and adults.
We all, sooner or later, will make the main choice in our lives.
Sokol_iz_Narnii

Return to The Chronicles of Narnia