This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

PC - Extended Editions

Please don't close the door behind you.

PC - Extended Editions

Postby Solomons Song » December 14th, 2008, 6:52 am

Quick Question.

I am putting off buying Prince Caspian because I don't want to end up with two copies like I did with LWW when the extended version came out. So I was wondering, is there anything concrete on whether there will be an extended PC or not?
Member of the "2453617 Club"
Solomons Song
Wardrobian

Re: PC - Extended Editions

Postby Stanley Anderson » December 14th, 2008, 4:48 pm

Come on, be sensible. If they let you know that sort of information, they wouldn't make as much money on the DVDs, would they?

--Stanley
…on a night of rain Frodo smelled a sweet fragrance on the air and heard the sound of singing that came over the water. And then it seemed to him that as in his dream in the house of Bombadil, the grey rain-curtain turned all to silver glass and was rolled back, and he beheld white shores and beyond them a fair green country under a swift sunrise.
Stanley Anderson
Wardrobian

Postby Lirenel » December 15th, 2008, 10:01 pm

I'm thinking it is unlikely that they will have an Extended Edition. For one thing, Prince Caspian did not do as well as LWW in theatres, so they won't want to spend money on something that they aren't positive to make money on.

For another, the PC DVD (at least three 3-disc and the Blu-Ray) include deleted scenes. I think they wouldn't have put those scenes on the DVD and then put them in an Extended Edition.

I could be wrong but, but that's my thoughts.
The Lord is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life, of whom shall I be afraid? - Psalm 27:1

Member of the 2456317 Club
Lirenel
Wardrobian

Postby Zattara08 » December 20th, 2008, 2:50 pm

Which DVD included deleted scenes? I think I missed them?
Zattara08

Postby Lirenel » December 20th, 2008, 5:34 pm

The second disc of the three-disc set. I'm not sure which one on the Blu-Ray.
The Lord is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life, of whom shall I be afraid? - Psalm 27:1

Member of the 2456317 Club
Lirenel
Wardrobian

Postby carol » December 22nd, 2008, 6:22 pm

I'd suggest you buy now. I was skeptical last time of there being an EE, but was proven wrong. This time, I think it's less likely they'll do an EE. What more is there to put in it? The 4-disc set had one disc that was a marvellous creative doco on Lewis and the Chronicles, plus one using split-screen to give tech comments, interviews and prev-viz views etc while running the film in another part of the screen. The tech info is the only area likely to be given in the extras, since there was only one commentary this time (LWW had director/actors plus director/techs commentaries).

But if I'm wrong again, and they DO put one out, maybe you could give the original version away to someone else?
carol
Wardrobian

Postby Solomons Song » December 23rd, 2008, 2:35 pm

I still have my original LWW as well as my extended. C. S. Lewis enthusiasm is lacking in my area, as is most all literary enthusiasm. I am guessing I have the most extensive Lewis library for a 50 mile radius. And that is including all the actual libraries in that area. You find sporadic enthusiasm is some churches, but nothing major. Also considering I am in the Bible Belt, my area is thick with hyper-conservative churches who reject the idea that spiritual precepts could be transmitted through fiction, especially fantasy fiction.

Long and short of it is, I can think of no one I could give this DVD to that wouldn't regard it as just another movie, but would give the story the precedence it deserves. It would probably find its way into a yard sale in a couple of years if donated to anyone in my area.

In fact, I have almost decided to keep it for posterity.
Member of the "2453617 Club"
Solomons Song
Wardrobian

Return to The Chronicles of Narnia