This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

Disney pulls out of VDT

Please don't close the door behind you.

Re: Disney pulls out of VDT

Postby Larry W. » January 5th, 2009, 2:22 am

As for The Last Battle I wouldn't expect a strongly Christian ending from a secular filmmaker. It might be a disappointment-- especially when the new Narnia is depicted on the screen. Would it be like heaven as it is shown in the book? My guess is that it would fall far short of what Lewis intended. The movies, while they are entertaining, aren't as Christian as the books.
Larry W.
Wardrobian

Postby Zattara08 » January 6th, 2009, 1:37 am

"These are the days when the Christian is expected to praise every creed except his own." G.K. Chesterton
Zattara08

Postby Phoenix Talon » January 7th, 2009, 4:05 am

Did everyone really hate Prince Caspian that much? :-( I rather liked it.

I was disappointed that Voyage of the Dawntreader wasn't going to be made. It's my favorite book--and the special effects would have been AMAZING. I did worry they'd change or leave out significant events.

Who should Walden team up with if not Disney?
"Are the gods not just?"
"Oh no, child. What would become of us if they were?" --Till We Have Faces
Phoenix Talon

Postby Keeper of The Toffee Tree » January 7th, 2009, 1:04 pm

What I think most "fans of CoN" agree on is from a purely cinematic view PC was an amazing movie. And if you never read the books you couldn't understand what we're groaning about. But if you're even remotely familiar with the books and/or the author, you know “the movie” falls short of what C.S. Lewis had intended. Now I'm not implying that Jack wrote the CoN to indoctrinate his readers with Christianity. Nothing could be farther from the truth. His faith was a part of him and his reality so naturally bits of it would show up in his works. However we are complex beings with diverse experiences and views, (Jack included) and he was not a walking Christian robot. As a result, the book was full of MANY things that interested him and a part of his imagination and all of this found it’s way into his books too. I mean what does Bacchus have to do with Jesus/the bible? Truly he was an “equal opportunity author, LOL!!
But I digress, more to the point: For most of us (that is fans of CoN) we have such a "close" connection with Narnia that the PC the movie almost seemed like a betrayal. I'm not sure what hurts me worse, the thought of no VDT movie or a poor adaptation that misses the mark.
Keeper of The Toffee Tree

Postby Messenger_of_Eden » January 7th, 2009, 1:52 pm

I don't think it's certain yet that there will be no VDT--just entirely possible.
"If you believe what you like in the Gospel, and reject what you don't like, it is not the Gospel you believe, but yourself."--St. Augustine of Hippo
Messenger_of_Eden
Wardrobian

Postby carol » January 8th, 2009, 9:06 am

carol
Wardrobian

Postby Phoenix Talon » January 8th, 2009, 2:42 pm

I've heard it's already halfway filmed. Guess we have to keep our fingers crossed and hope for the best. All right, I 'would be' disappointed if it's not going to be made. We'll see, I guess.
"Are the gods not just?"
"Oh no, child. What would become of us if they were?" --Till We Have Faces
Phoenix Talon

Postby Zattara08 » January 8th, 2009, 3:48 pm

"These are the days when the Christian is expected to praise every creed except his own." G.K. Chesterton
Zattara08

Postby carol » January 17th, 2009, 2:30 am

carol
Wardrobian

Postby john » January 17th, 2009, 4:48 am

john
Chief Wardrobian
john
Chief Wardrobian

Postby Sir Linus the True » January 18th, 2009, 8:34 pm

Sir Linus the True
Wardrobian

Postby Larry W. » January 19th, 2009, 2:19 am

I like movies that are a lot like the books that they are based on, but relatively few follow the books with perfect accuracy. If the VDT film is better than the average adaptation I won't be disappointed.

Larry W.
Larry W.
Wardrobian

Postby teomiriam » January 31st, 2009, 8:13 pm

i heard Fox is making the movie after all, I am happy with that :toothy-grin: It would have been sad if they stopped making the Narnia movies, although I hope they will make this one closer to the book :wink:
"Getting rid of dragons is not at all my line, but I'll do my best to think about it"" Bilbo Baggins
teomiriam
Wardrobian

Postby Larry W. » February 1st, 2009, 1:59 am

I plan to see all of the Narnia films-- even if they are bad. My curiosity about them wouldn't be satisfied if I missed even one. :smile:

Larry W.
Larry W.
Wardrobian

Postby carol » February 1st, 2009, 9:58 am

carol
Wardrobian

PreviousNext

Return to The Chronicles of Narnia