This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

Disney pulls out of VDT

Please don't close the door behind you.

Disney pulls out of VDT

Postby Paul F. Ford » December 25th, 2008, 6:12 pm

I can't say I am too disappointed. PC was such a betrayal of Lewis's intentions.
Paul Ford—self-appointed president of the "245-3617 Club" and proud member of the "245-6317 Club"; author of the Companion to Narnia and the Pocket Companion to Narnia.
Paul F. Ford
Wardrobian

Re: Disney pulls out of VDT

Postby john » December 25th, 2008, 6:26 pm

john
Chief Wardrobian
john
Chief Wardrobian

Postby Messenger_of_Eden » December 25th, 2008, 9:55 pm

Did I read correctly that Anna Popplewell is planned to be in VDT...?! I have a sick feeling already. :snow-frown:
"If you believe what you like in the Gospel, and reject what you don't like, it is not the Gospel you believe, but yourself."--St. Augustine of Hippo
Messenger_of_Eden
Wardrobian

Postby Tumnus's Books » December 25th, 2008, 11:56 pm

All about the money I see. Caspian was a "betrayal" of Lewis, I guess, but LWW did so well as a collaborative process. What I'm worried about is who will pick up the bill for Dawn Treader, and will THAT company keep the integrity of the story? :snow-undecided:
"You are, in fact, Human?"
Tumnus's Books
Wardrobian

Postby Carrie » December 26th, 2008, 4:01 am

"Creative" differences between Disney and Walden, huh? I wonder how badly Disney wanted to mess with the story...
"I can do everything through Him who gives me strength." Phil 4:13

Member of The 2456317 Club
Carrie
Wardrobian

Postby Keeper of The Toffee Tree » December 26th, 2008, 5:21 pm

If they mess this up and the other four movies are made as a result. . . :snow-cry:
Keeper of The Toffee Tree

Postby Keeper of The Toffee Tree » December 26th, 2008, 5:22 pm

Keeper of The Toffee Tree

Postby carol » December 27th, 2008, 5:55 am

carol
Wardrobian

Postby Tumnus's Books » December 27th, 2008, 2:43 pm

enter Mel Gibson? (shudders) :snow-toothy:
Tumnus's Books
Wardrobian

Postby Messenger_of_Eden » December 28th, 2008, 3:59 pm

I don't know about him doing VDT (!) but I still say he could do a very awesome Ben Hur (Directing, not starring as...)
"If you believe what you like in the Gospel, and reject what you don't like, it is not the Gospel you believe, but yourself."--St. Augustine of Hippo
Messenger_of_Eden
Wardrobian

Postby Tumnus's Books » December 28th, 2008, 6:44 pm

Can you imagine? "Hey, Guys! Yeah, we're gonna need a WHOLE lot more blood in this scene...". Actually, word is Fox might pick it up, or at least let's bop that around as rumor. Interesting commentary on this by Bruce Edwards at .
Tumnus's Books
Wardrobian

Postby nomad » December 29th, 2008, 7:12 pm

*sigh of relief* I am very forgiving when it comes to adaptations, even of a book I love. I had no problem, for instance, with the addition of the melting ice river scene in LWW, or with the embelishment of Peter's character. But even I couldn't defend Prince Caspian. I bought the CD, but I don't think I'll get the DVD. Yay for Walden and here's praying they find a better backer.
member of the 2456317 club
"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best -- " and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called.
nomad
Wardrobian

Postby Christiana/Bella » December 29th, 2008, 11:53 pm

I don't feel too disappointed at this news, because Prince Caspian was a bad betrayal. So, if some other company can take VDT on, and do it right, I don't mind a bit. :smile:
Christiana/Bella

Postby Messenger_of_Eden » December 30th, 2008, 2:08 pm

My question is, will it have the same artistic style, the same feel as the first two--or will it feel like a completely new thing...? *shakes head* It's just disheartening. I don't like the direction Disney went with PC, though it was still fun and all. But I have little faith that we can be satisfied by anyone else's version.
Messenger_of_Eden
Wardrobian

Postby Larry W. » December 30th, 2008, 2:48 pm

They're better off without Disney, but it would be a shame if they couldn't keep Anna Popplewell. I was somewhat disappointed in the PC movie, but I liked the LWW film quite well because it was closer to the book, although it could have even closer. I still plan on seeing the VDT film-- no matter what happens.

Larry W.
Larry W.
Wardrobian

Next

Return to The Chronicles of Narnia