This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

Has anyone ever wrote their own Narnia Stories...

Please don't close the door behind you.

Re: Has anyone ever wrote their own Narnia Stories...

Postby Pete » December 5th, 2009, 5:05 am

Member of The 2456317 Club

Pete
Wardrobian

Postby Lirenel » December 5th, 2009, 5:40 am

I heard the first one they did was Pride and Prejudice and Zombies. :snow-laugh:
The Lord is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life, of whom shall I be afraid? - Psalm 27:1

Member of the 2456317 Club
Lirenel
Wardrobian

Postby Dan65802 » December 17th, 2009, 5:55 pm

I haven't written any of them down, but I've been telling Narnia stories of my own creation to my son for a couple of years, centering around Prince Justin and Forstar the Centaur. At first they were just simple morality tales and Aesop fables set in Narnia. Prince Justin often made foolish choices and his friend Forstar helped him out of trouble and taught him wise lessons.

Over the past year however, I've been shaping the plot as lead in to The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe which we'll start reading on his 6th birthday next summer. In the recent stories the protective apple tree has been lost, giants (both good and bad) have entered Narnia, Prince Justin's father was killed in battle (making Justin the King). Over the next several months Jadis will connive her way into Narnia (I hope to think of an origin story for the wand), there will be great battles and I think Forstar the Centaur will eventually give the prophesies that we read in TLWW.

By the way, the wood from the apple tree was used to make four thrones. My hope is that on the day before I begin reading TLWW, I tell my son a story that ends with, "Winter covered Narnia and there was no Christmas. This lasted for 100 years."

- Dan -
"Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that." - Martin Luther King
Dan65802
Wardrobian

Postby jo » January 6th, 2010, 6:47 pm

Is that Austen and sea monsters thing for real? GOod heavens.

I also wondered about the fact that the Pevensies must have experienced, in Narnia, adolescence. They return home before any of them become sexually active but nonetheless they must have been through puberty there and all the turmoil associated with that. It makes it yet more difficult for me to understand how Susan could later write it off as being all imagination.
"I saw it begin,” said the Lord Digory. “I did not think I would live to see it die"

jo
Wardrobian

Postby agingjb » January 6th, 2010, 8:02 pm

Since Susan is an invention by someone without, I suspect, the faintest idea of the difficulties a young woman might encounter in one adolescence, let alone two, I'm not surprised that she is depicted in such an unsympathetic manner.
agingjb
Wardrobian

Postby Mr Hooper » January 6th, 2010, 8:03 pm

Not actual fan fiction but like several other people here I have written novels and stories which are very much indebted to Narnia, or the Space Trilogy, or to Lewis's ideas and beliefs. A few years ago I wrote a story called The Myth of the Human (or the Myth of Man as I later called it), about a "modern" man's encounter with a mythical creature, which tells him that he is the myth rather than the creature. The idea seemed to come from nowhere, and the story worked itself out without much effort, but of course I later realised that I had "filched" the story from the book Tumnus has in The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe. I have never had anything published, and I suppose one of the reasons might be that I can't move beyond Lewis and find my own voice.
Mr Hooper
Wardrobian

Postby Nerd42 » March 18th, 2010, 5:30 pm

I was thinking a long time ago that something really needs to be done to bridge the gap between The Magicians Nephew and the Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe because there are many loose ends to tie up in the plot. So I was thinking of starting a Narnia fanfic to cover this but it never got anywhere. That give you any ideas?
Nerd42
Wardrobian

Postby Robert » March 18th, 2010, 5:50 pm

I like it. Very good idea.
[I am] Freudian Viennese by night, by day [I am] Marxian Muscovite

--Robert Frost--
Robert
Wardrobian

Postby Nerd42 » March 18th, 2010, 9:21 pm

Nerd42
Wardrobian

Postby Robert » March 18th, 2010, 9:36 pm

Well its a good start. And I think it neat to explore what goes unmentioned in stories.
[I am] Freudian Viennese by night, by day [I am] Marxian Muscovite

--Robert Frost--
Robert
Wardrobian

Postby carol » March 26th, 2010, 10:07 pm

carol
Wardrobian

Postby brian7 » June 9th, 2010, 12:36 am

I started writing one years ago and had posted in the wardrobe but I gave up on it. It wasn't very good, lol.
brian7

Postby Lucys_Wardrobe » July 12th, 2010, 2:58 am

I wrote one about Susan sitting in her flat in London after she learns of her brothers and sister deaths, and that she is having a hard time coping with it. I also wrote one about Lucy baking cookies with Mr. Tumnus in his cave.
Lucys_Wardrobe

Previous

Return to The Chronicles of Narnia