This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

First Edition Reprint

Please don't close the door behind you.

First Edition Reprint

Postby Dan65802 » October 27th, 2009, 6:18 pm

I haven't kept close tabs on the Chronicles forums, so perhaps this has already been brought up. If so, John feel free to delete this.

There's a reprint of the first edition of TLWW that I believe just came on the market. Here's the link to the page on Amazon:

I don't know much about it, but I've ordered it and will use it to read the story to my son starting next year.

- Dan -
"Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that." - Martin Luther King
Dan65802
Wardrobian

Re: First Edition Reprint

Postby carol » October 28th, 2009, 8:31 am

Dan, I bought a copy of both LWW and PC replica editions - they have a papery cover, line drawings on the covers that I had never seen before, and a nice full colour frontispiece (the LWW one is new to me).

I understand all seven are to be brought out in this edition. They are hardback, but their covers are not so robust as they're made of rougher paper instead of the shiny stuff we get now.(you may want to buy plastic covers for them - try a good stationer)
carol
Wardrobian

Re: First Edition Reprint

Postby Dan65802 » October 28th, 2009, 1:56 pm

Thanks for the tip, Carol!

- Dan -
"Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that." - Martin Luther King
Dan65802
Wardrobian

Return to The Chronicles of Narnia