This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

BBC Radio Drama

Please don't close the door behind you.

BBC Radio Drama

Postby DavidL » November 17th, 2009, 9:12 pm

Forgive me if this has come up before, but does anyone remember the BBC Radio adaptions of the Chronicles of Narnia? They were broadcast quite some time ago, well over ten years ago, but they've stuck in my memory. One thing that especially stands out was the Horse and His Boy, especially that scene where Aslan meets Shasta in the mist when crossing into Narnia.

It was just so well done. Listening brought me the same feeling of awe I always felt on reading that scene in the book.

All seven books were adapted and as far as I remember they were very faithful to the source material. The only change I recall was in The Last Battle when Emeth met Aslan after everyone Jill and Eustace came in through the Stable Door, instead of before.
DavidL

Re: BBC Radio Drama

Postby Michael » December 9th, 2009, 2:32 am

I loved the BBC radio adaptations. They also did a fantastic job with Lord of the Rings. BBC radio does great literary adaptations.
"A man can no more diminish God's glory by refusing to worship Him than a lunatic can put out the sun by scribbling the word, 'darkness' on the walls of his cell."
Michael
Wardrobian

Postby Sheroo of Stormness Head » February 17th, 2010, 12:21 am

I've never heard the BBC radio adaptations, but I own the Focus on the Family's adaptations, and they are REALLY great. I highly recommend those. The scene with Aslan talking to Shasta as he enters Narnia is one of my favorites in the Focus on the Family's adaptations. I'll have to look into the BBC radio adaptations.
Sheroo of Stormness Head

Postby Michael » February 20th, 2010, 2:12 am

I am currently listening to them right now for my work commute. They are really well done. Coincidentally I just started The Horse and His Boy.
"A man can no more diminish God's glory by refusing to worship Him than a lunatic can put out the sun by scribbling the word, 'darkness' on the walls of his cell."
Michael
Wardrobian

Return to The Chronicles of Narnia