This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

Caspian's Sword

Please don't close the door behind you.

Caspian's Sword

Postby Solomons Song » December 30th, 2009, 2:51 pm

I just noticed that the sword Caspian is carrying in one of the leaked pictures on the new VDT movie looks like Rhindon. Surely... SURELY... SURELY... NOT!! :stunned:

Member of the "2453617 Club"
Solomons Song
Wardrobian

Re: Caspian's Sword

Postby archenland_knight » December 30th, 2009, 4:07 pm

Well, the books don't mention the sword being Rhindon, but Caspian is king of Narnia in VODT. And Peter isn't coming back. I think it would be okay if he used Rhindon.

The only real issue is that Rhindon was sized for a older boy, not a full-grown man. Unless the magic of Father Christmas causes it to grow as it's wielder grows.
Romans 5:8 "But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us."
archenland_knight
Wardrobian

Postby nomad » January 4th, 2010, 7:42 pm

member of the 2456317 club
"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best -- " and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called.
nomad
Wardrobian

Postby carol » January 4th, 2010, 10:35 pm

The boy in the film was played as 15 - not very much smaller than his full-grown self.
If it was magically still in good condition by PC, then I have no problem with its being still the right size for the boy at 16/17. Caspian at the same age was taller than Peter, and handled the sword without problems.
How big is a sword meant to be anyway?
carol
Wardrobian

Postby archenland_knight » January 5th, 2010, 8:12 pm

Romans 5:8 "But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us."
archenland_knight
Wardrobian

Postby glumPuddle » March 1st, 2010, 6:51 am

I really don't like Caspian using Rhindon. I feel like it would be displayed somewhere and treated with reverence. To Caspian, it is an ancient artifact that belonged to one of Narnia's legendary heroes.

Caspian's awe of the four kings and queens was kind of lost in the PC movie. Hoping this isn't a sign that it will still be lost in VDT.
<---Click
Chronological Order: 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1956
glumPuddle
Wardrobian

Postby matdonna » March 2nd, 2010, 4:01 am

matdonna
Wardrobian

Postby archenland_knight » March 2nd, 2010, 5:16 am

archenland_knight
Wardrobian

Postby andi1235 » March 18th, 2010, 7:39 pm

We know from the books that he brought along the Treasures - otherwise he wouldn't have had Lucy's Cordial. I can't remember the exact quote, and I don't have my books handy (I'm at work), but if he brought one of the Treasures, why not the others? The sword definitely qualifies. And since he's King now, it should be okay for him to use it. Aslan made him king, after all! :)

-Andi :)
andi1235

Postby Sheroo of Stormness Head » May 5th, 2010, 3:13 am

The actual quote is "'If I had my old cordial with me I could cure him.' 'But you have,' said Caspian. 'I'd quite forgotten about it. As you left it behind I thought it might be regarded as one of the toyal treasures and so I brought it--if you think it out to be wasted on a thing like seasickness.'"
I'm all for Caspian using Peter's sword. In the movie, Peter did give it to Caspian, and I thought that was a very nice touch.
Sheroo of Stormness Head

Return to The Chronicles of Narnia