This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

'Myths of the Norseman'

'Myths of the Norseman'

Postby Cuinn » August 23rd, 2006, 10:27 pm

Hi there, for those who remember me. I'm back-ish after a few months' hiatus and hope to stay.

Anyway, I've been doing some searching for a book that was supposedly a childhood influence Lewis and have yet to turn up any valid evidence that it was, or even who it was by. The book in question is called 'Myths of the Norseman', and is referenced in a 'Heroes of the Faith' biography of C.S. Lewis. However, upon doing a search for the book, I can only find two that are similar in title: one, the edition by Roger Lancelyn Green, who was a friend of Lewis and a member of the Inklings, and the other by a H.A. Guerber.

I would first like to know if anyone can verify that any such book was indeed a childhood influence on C.S. Lewis, and, if so, who it was written by.

Any help would be deeply appreciated.

Thanks!

~Cuinn
"I'm on Aslan's side even if there isn't any Aslan to lead it. I'm going to live as like a Narnian as I can even if there isn't any Narnia."

C.S. Lewis, The Silver Chair

Member of the Religious Tolerance Cabal of the Wardrobe
Cuinn
Wardrobian

re: 'Myths of the Norseman'

Postby Sven » August 23rd, 2006, 10:44 pm

Rat! he found breath to whisper, shaking. Are you afraid?
Afraid? murmured the Rat, his eyes shining with unutterable love.
Afraid! Of Him? O, never, never! And yet -- and yet -- O, Mole, I am afraid!
Then the two animals, crouching to the earth, bowed their heads and did worship.
Sven

re: 'Myths of the Norseman'

Postby Dunrobin » September 1st, 2006, 4:21 pm

Dunrobin
Wardrobian

Return to Questions & Answers