This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

Pevensey home address

Pevensey home address

Postby mr burns » October 3rd, 2006, 5:32 pm

I am not at home and do not have any of my narnia books to hand. Do you know where I could find the Pevensey's home address in London?

Thanks
mr burns

re: Pevensey home address

Postby A#minor » October 4th, 2006, 12:45 am

An address is never given for the Pevensies. The book only says that they left London because of the air raids. The movie mentions that they lived in Finchley, I think, but that's just Hollywood being stupid.
"My brain and this world don't fit each other, and there's an end of it!" - G.K. Chesterton
A#minor
Wardrobian

Postby Leslie » October 4th, 2006, 2:52 am

Finchley is a neighbourhood of London, is it not?
"What are you laughing at?"
"At myself. My little puny self," said Phillipa.
--Rumer Godden, In This House of Brede
Leslie
Wardrobian

Postby Bluebottle » October 4th, 2006, 4:40 am

Bluebottle

Re: re: Pevensey home address

Postby john » October 4th, 2006, 6:45 am

john
Chief Wardrobian
john
Chief Wardrobian

Postby A#minor » October 4th, 2006, 3:00 pm

Thanks to Wikipedia- Here's all you never wanted to know about Finchley.

Finchley is a place in the London Borough of Barnet, London, England. Finchley is predominantly a residential area with a number of retail districts.
Finchley's main sports team is Finchley RFC, a rugby team who play in red and white hoops and who's ground is located on Summers Lane. The club has a proud tradition and is well known for beeing a good developer of young talent.

Located directly next to Finchley R.F.C is the local football team, Wingate & Finchley who play in the Southern League Eastern Division. It was founded as a specifically Jewish football club in 1946.

Victoria Park is an area of open space in the Finchley Central area; it is situated alongside much of Ballards Lane and is close to Finchley Central tube Station. It was opened in 1902 and was intended to mark Queen Victoria’s Diamond Jubilee and was Finchley's first Public Park.

Finchley was from 1959 to 1992 the Parliamentary Constituency of Margaret Thatcher, UK Prime Minister from 1979 to 1990.

Since 1963 Finchley has been twinned with Jinja, Uganda.

Famous people associated with Finchley

* Margaret Thatcher, Prime Minister.
* Octavia Hill, social reformer
* Spike Milligan, comedian often poked fun at Finchley, specifically East Finchley
* Robert Fripp, musician
* Eric Morecambe, comedian
* Fleur Adcock, poet
* Feargal Sharkey, singer
* Tim Parks, novelist (his semi-autobiographical Tongues of Flame is set in the North Finchley of 1968).
* Terry-Thomas, actor
* Charles Dickens, novelist
* Will Self, novelist, reviewer and columnist
* Steven Stapleton, musician
* Emma Bunton, singer
* Samantha Fox, UK model and singer
* George Michael, singer and songwriter
* Daniel Lewis a.k.a Fury, singer and gangster rapper
* Anna Popplewell, Movie actress
* Isabel Vielba, Miss England contestant
* Stephen Merchant, Actor/Director/Writer/Comedian

Fictional characters

* Bluebottle, a character in the 1950s BBC radio series The Goon Show, hails from Finchley.
* In the 2005 film The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe, Susan Pevensie says that she and her siblings, Peter, Edmund, and Lucy, are from Finchley, despite no mention of Finchley being made in C. S. Lewis's book. Anna Popplewell, the actress who plays Susan, is from Finchley in real life.
"My brain and this world don't fit each other, and there's an end of it!" - G.K. Chesterton
A#minor
Wardrobian

Return to Questions & Answers