This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

What should the 'Caspian' characters look like?

Please don't close the door behind you.

Postby Pete » January 2nd, 2007, 10:07 am

Member of The 2456317 Club

Pete
Wardrobian

Postby ArdenZ » January 2nd, 2007, 8:17 pm

Well, you do remember at the end of the movie, when they rediscover the lamp post, Edmund is riding the same talking horse.

The main thing I didn't like about the movie was the aspect of Aslan abiding in a tent, untouchable until being called out, which is the totally opposite of the book Aslan, who mingled and walked with all the creatures of Narnia. I think the movie made him seem a bit haughty and--I guess I'll use it again--untouchable. :undecided:
"The master of that servant will come on the day when he is not looking for him, and at an hour that he is not aware of."
Matthew 24:50
ArdenZ
Wardrobian

Postby Messenger_of_Eden » January 2nd, 2007, 8:22 pm

I think they did that for the goosebump effect--the thrill of seeing the Lion's paw stepping from the tent--especially if anyone is daft enough to never have known Aslan was a Lion.
"If you believe what you like in the Gospel, and reject what you don't like, it is not the Gospel you believe, but yourself."--St. Augustine of Hippo
Messenger_of_Eden
Wardrobian

Postby Erekose » January 2nd, 2007, 8:27 pm

My impression of the spirit of the stories was to the effect that it IS ok to ride a talking animal... WHEN that animal is willinging to bear the rider!

No conflict within the stories as far as I can tell.

You give a child a "piggy-back" ... oh horror!!! You are being used asabeastof burdan!! O Woe !!!. :undecided:

It's all in the context

:read: :coffee: :read: :coffee: :read: :toothy-grin:
Call yourself a dog???? I've seen better hair on a lavatory brush!!!
Erekose
Wardrobian

Postby Pete » January 3rd, 2007, 1:20 am

Pete
Wardrobian

Postby ArdenZ » January 4th, 2007, 7:51 pm

"The master of that servant will come on the day when he is not looking for him, and at an hour that he is not aware of."
ArdenZ
Wardrobian

Postby Ticket2theMoon » January 9th, 2007, 7:06 pm

===========================================================================================

It is with words as with sunbeams, the more they are condensed, the deeper they burn. --Robert Southey (1774-1843)

Ticket2theMoon
Wardrobian

Postby carol » January 10th, 2007, 9:22 am

LOL!!!

The concern about Aslan being in the tent - well, I think theatrically it was a good thing - he got to make an Entrance!! (technically an exit from the tent, but you know what I mean).
It went along with some of the deliberately theatrical moments in the Shrek films. Quite Adamsonish...

But in terms of the arrival of a major character, I think it was good that we have been hearing about him and now we will meet him - Here He Is!! Behold!
carol
Wardrobian

Postby Pete » January 10th, 2007, 9:35 am

Pete
Wardrobian

Postby Messenger_of_Eden » January 10th, 2007, 5:49 pm

"If you believe what you like in the Gospel, and reject what you don't like, it is not the Gospel you believe, but yourself."--St. Augustine of Hippo
Messenger_of_Eden
Wardrobian

Postby ArdenZ » January 10th, 2007, 6:34 pm

ArdenZ
Wardrobian

Postby Ticket2theMoon » January 10th, 2007, 9:14 pm

===========================================================================================

It is with words as with sunbeams, the more they are condensed, the deeper they burn. --Robert Southey (1774-1843)

Ticket2theMoon
Wardrobian

Postby Messenger_of_Eden » January 10th, 2007, 10:07 pm

Messenger_of_Eden
Wardrobian

Postby Pete » January 11th, 2007, 5:57 am

Pete
Wardrobian

Postby Leslie » January 11th, 2007, 12:27 pm

"What are you laughing at?"
"At myself. My little puny self," said Phillipa.
--Rumer Godden, In This House of Brede
Leslie
Wardrobian

PreviousNext

Return to The Chronicles of Narnia