This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

The Need for a Narnian Reference Site

Please don't close the door behind you.

The Need for a Narnian Reference Site

Postby Ticket2theMoon » January 14th, 2007, 7:26 am

===========================================================================================

It is with words as with sunbeams, the more they are condensed, the deeper they burn. --Robert Southey (1774-1843)

Ticket2theMoon
Wardrobian

Postby A#minor » January 14th, 2007, 10:42 pm

Wasn't there somebody hanging around sometime last year trying to get up a Narnia Reference site as well?
After a few minutes of searching through old threads... tah dah!
"My brain and this world don't fit each other, and there's an end of it!" - G.K. Chesterton
A#minor
Wardrobian

Postby Ticket2theMoon » January 15th, 2007, 4:24 am

Aren't you a doll! Although, have you visited the site lately? It doesn't appear to be going so well. There's nothing about Narnia actually on the page and the domain is for sale. Ah, well.
===========================================================================================

It is with words as with sunbeams, the more they are condensed, the deeper they burn. --Robert Southey (1774-1843)

Ticket2theMoon
Wardrobian

Postby john » January 15th, 2007, 8:37 am

Ah, yet another piece of vaporware disappears. *sigh*

How about if we divide Paul Ford's Companion to Narnia up and type it all into a searchable web site? I'm sure he'd really be flattered! :rolleyes:

(yes, I'm kidding, Paul!)
john
Chief Wardrobian
john
Chief Wardrobian

Postby carol » January 15th, 2007, 9:45 am

The trouble is, there is so much material available in book form, as well as assorted places online, that anyone who tries to set up a site like this ends up totally daunted by the effort, and frustrated by the lack of support from less enthusiastic people..

There are also lots of smaller sites set up by one person, often with a small discussion forum. I think some of these began thinking they could become a comprehensive site (usually just about Narnia).

I think it's too big a subject now, but maybe we could offer to find further online material and offer links to Dr Zeus/John?
carol
Wardrobian

Postby Ticket2theMoon » January 15th, 2007, 4:37 pm

Yeah, it sounds like that's the best we can do.

Ticket2theMoon
Wardrobian

Return to The Chronicles of Narnia