This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

Searching for Quote

Searching for Quote

Postby Cherish » February 10th, 2007, 3:09 pm

Hello...

I've been searching for a quote by Lewis and just remembered this forum, so I thought I'd ask for your help, if you have the time for me...

Lewis made a very interesting observation, sayingthat it's one thing to have faith in life after death if your faith is compared to a string that is used to wrap a package. But he says, if your faith is a rope that you have to hang on over a cliff, that's a different story!

Does this sound familiar to anyone, and if so, where might I find it?

Thanks so much!

Cherish
Cherish

Postby A#minor » February 10th, 2007, 3:21 pm

"...You never know how much you believe anything until its truth or falsehood becomes a matter of life and death to you. It is easy to say you believe a rope to be strong and sound as long as you are merely using it to cord a box. But suppose you had to hang by that rope over a precipice ..."
That is found in Chapter Two of A Grief Observed. Good quote!
"My brain and this world don't fit each other, and there's an end of it!" - G.K. Chesterton
A#minor
Wardrobian

Searching for Quote

Postby Cherish » February 10th, 2007, 5:24 pm

Cherish

Postby A#minor » February 10th, 2007, 5:41 pm

"My brain and this world don't fit each other, and there's an end of it!" - G.K. Chesterton
A#minor
Wardrobian

Return to Questions & Answers