This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

The Last Battle

Please don't close the door behind you.

Postby rusmeister » March 30th, 2007, 2:58 am

"Eh? Two views? There are a dozen views about everything until you know the answer. Then there's never more than one."
Bill "The Blizzard" Hingest - That Hideous Strength
rusmeister
Wardrobian

Postby Guest » March 30th, 2007, 1:58 pm

Postby rusmeister » March 30th, 2007, 6:26 pm

"Eh? Two views? There are a dozen views about everything until you know the answer. Then there's never more than one."
rusmeister
Wardrobian

Postby alecto » April 17th, 2007, 10:57 pm

Is it possible to find a description of what is meant by Orthodoxy? I'm thinking of something along the line of a catechism, but not necessarily such a long and detailed statement of beliefs. I know there are "Orthodox catechisms" published by churches in the U.S. and Canada, but I don't know if they have authority. Other than the issue of the Pope, what unorthodox beliefs are still dividing the Roman church from the Orthodox. And while we're at it, do the Greek and Russian churches consider each other completely valid? There are a lot of questions like this. I read the other day about how Portugese Roman Catholics shattered the Indian Mar Thoma Orthodox churches founded by St. Thomas. This was a denomination I had never heard of before.
Sentio ergo est.
alecto
Wardrobian

Postby rusmeister » April 18th, 2007, 2:10 am

rusmeister
Wardrobian

Postby moordarjeeling » April 18th, 2007, 3:25 am

moordarjeeling
Wardrobian

Postby moordarjeeling » April 18th, 2007, 4:00 am

moordarjeeling
Wardrobian

Postby Stanley Anderson » April 18th, 2007, 12:48 pm

…on a night of rain Frodo smelled a sweet fragrance on the air and heard the sound of singing that came over the water. And then it seemed to him that as in his dream in the house of Bombadil, the grey rain-curtain turned all to silver glass and was rolled back, and he beheld white shores and beyond them a fair green country under a swift sunrise.
Stanley Anderson
Wardrobian

Postby Guest » April 18th, 2007, 1:11 pm

Lewis's 'orthodoxy' in Emeth's encounter with Aslan

Postby Paul F. Ford » April 18th, 2007, 2:13 pm

I just re-read this entire topic and it is interesting, all the turns the discussion has taken. Has everyone also read ?

Blessings,
Paul
Paul Ford—self-appointed president of the "245-3617 Club" and proud member of the "245-6317 Club"; author of the Companion to Narnia and the Pocket Companion to Narnia.
Paul F. Ford
Wardrobian

Postby moordarjeeling » April 19th, 2007, 9:17 am

moordarjeeling
Wardrobian

Postby Guest » April 19th, 2007, 12:54 pm

Postby carol » April 21st, 2007, 6:43 am

The Anglican church has a statement of faith in the Book of Common Prayer.

It's popularly known as "The Thirty-nine Articles", as there are 39 separate items, each dealing with different aspects of faith, such as the trinity, the bible, etc.

Anglicans generally find it handy to say that these express their faith, or the faith of the church they belong to. In this generation, I suspect a lot of people have no idea what the 39 Articles say. But in Lewis' day, they probably had to read and study them for confirmation class (before being accepted as adult members of the church).
carol
Wardrobian

Postby alecto » April 24th, 2007, 1:19 am

Sentio ergo est.
alecto
Wardrobian

Previous

Return to The Chronicles of Narnia