This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

A Jungian look at the LWW

A Jungian look at the LWW

Postby Stephanie » November 30th, 2004, 3:46 pm

Hi there, iam currently writng an essay on the Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe. I have been asked to give it a Jungian interpretation! I just love the book, and was wandering if any fellow admirers more intelligent than me could help give me their insight. Thank you.
Stephanie

Re: A Jungian look at the LWW

Postby a_hnau » November 30th, 2004, 8:12 pm

Urendi Maleldil
a_hnau
Wardrobian

Postby PurplePen » November 30th, 2004, 9:05 pm

Jung also advanced the idea of the Shadow self -- all that is unconscious to one's...err...conscious self. :) And suggested that unless these unconsciously held beliefs or feelings become conscious (examined and brought out into the light of our understanding), they contribute to an unbalanced, unhealthy relationship with ourselves and others. They can even be seen mirrored in others, that is, the faults we see most glaringly in others may be things we unconsciously fault within ourselves.

And the Myers-Briggs Personality test is a Jungian concept of the personality. People tend to have a dominant aspect in each of three areas: how they relate to the world (extroverted or introverted), how they deal with information (by senses or intuition), and how they process and evaluate that information (by thinking or feeling/valuing).

Anything else helpful that I can remember? Uh...let's see... He also differed from Freud on the idea of religion. Jung thought religion was an expression of a person's inner desire to balance one's consciousness with the collective unconsciousness (those archetypes that a_hnau pointed out).

I think that's all of my accessible knowledge on the subject. The rest is buried in my unconscious self. Have fun!

--Dawn
PurplePen
Wardrobian

Postby postodave (it really is) » December 10th, 2004, 2:18 pm

postodave (it really is)

Return to Questions & Answers