This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

Other Pendragons

Open the pod bay doors, Hnau!

Postby galion » January 18th, 2008, 5:19 pm

galion
Wardrobian

Postby Stanley Anderson » January 18th, 2008, 5:55 pm

…on a night of rain Frodo smelled a sweet fragrance on the air and heard the sound of singing that came over the water. And then it seemed to him that as in his dream in the house of Bombadil, the grey rain-curtain turned all to silver glass and was rolled back, and he beheld white shores and beyond them a fair green country under a swift sunrise.
Stanley Anderson
Wardrobian

Postby Stanley Anderson » January 18th, 2008, 6:01 pm

…on a night of rain Frodo smelled a sweet fragrance on the air and heard the sound of singing that came over the water. And then it seemed to him that as in his dream in the house of Bombadil, the grey rain-curtain turned all to silver glass and was rolled back, and he beheld white shores and beyond them a fair green country under a swift sunrise.
Stanley Anderson
Wardrobian

Postby galion » January 18th, 2008, 6:46 pm

galion
Wardrobian

Postby Bill » January 18th, 2008, 10:16 pm

Time is the fire in which we burn!

Bill
Wardrobian

Postby The Pfifltrigg » April 5th, 2008, 9:54 am

False ideas may be refuted indeed by argument, but by true ideas alone are they expelled. — Apologia Pro Vita Sua: Cardinal Newman
Freedom lost and then regained bites with deeper fangs than freedom never in danger. — Cicero
You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them. — Ray Bradbury
The Pfifltrigg
Wardrobian

the Pendragon

Postby rofe408 » April 17th, 2008, 2:00 am

I wondered if Camilla's child would be the new Pendragon. Ransom wouldn't put her life in jeopardy, "We in this house are all that is left of Logres. You carry its future in your body." If they are all that is left of Logres, then it would make sense that the future Pendragon would be a child of one of the couples at St Anne's. Rose
rofe408
Wardrobian

Postby Jill-at-the-Well » April 17th, 2008, 7:02 am

I like it!

And I bet the child that Jane and Mark would have had was supposed to be the next Pendragon.

Fanfiction sequel plot bunnies are beginning to run around in my head, about the Dennistons' child/children... uh oh.
Member of the 2456317 Club

"I daren't come and drink," said Jill.
"Then you will die of thirst," said the Lion.
"Oh dear!" said Jill, coming another step nearer. "I suppose I must go and look for another stream then."
"There is no other stream," said the Lion.
Jill-at-the-Well
Wardrobian

new Pendragon

Postby rofe408 » April 19th, 2008, 2:43 am

rofe408
Wardrobian

pendragon - on second thought...

Postby rofe408 » April 24th, 2008, 10:26 pm

I don't think Lewis would accept that the intended Pendragon would be "assigned" to the Dennistons after the failure of the Studdock's. I think he'd call upon the "Permissive Will of Maledil." The idea that Maledil would bring good from the evil or omission of a deed. So Camilla's infant would indeed be a replacement Pendragon but not the intended "fruit." (to borrow Tinidril's term).
rofe408
Wardrobian

please explain further

Postby Jill-at-the-Well » April 25th, 2008, 2:14 am

I didn't quite catch what you were getting at with that last post.

"Oh dear!" said Jill, coming another step nearer. "I suppose I must go and look for another stream then."
Jill-at-the-Well
Wardrobian

Postby rofe408 » April 25th, 2008, 3:06 am

Merlin told Ransom that the time for the beggeting of the Studdock's child was past, & it would never to be born. The child would have put out the enemies of Logres for 1,000 years. That child could have been the newest Pendragon. I was happy with that conclusion for a couple days, but according to Lewis in his novels, God would respect a Jane and Mark's free will to be barren. I believe the term is "God's permissive will" that God would bring good despite the disobedience of the Studdock's to have the child. God would work out His will with the "B" team, Camilla's child. That might be no more help.
There is God's Will and then His permissive will. God's will was obeyed thru a Jewess girl who consented to conceive Jesus. God's Permissive will saved us despite Adam & Eve's disobedience. Clear as mud? I hope it's better.
rofe408
Wardrobian

Postby Jill-at-the-Well » April 25th, 2008, 3:11 am

Ah, I think I get it now. Thanks. I think I need to do a little research/reading on the theology of God's permissive will.

And part of me still really wants to write a story about the Dennistons' children...

Jill-at-the-Well
Wardrobian

Postby rofe408 » April 25th, 2008, 12:39 pm

Let me (us) know how that goes. Who'd be the godparents? Would they stay at St Ann's with some of the others? What would be his (her) name - Merlinus? Ransom? Mal (Malacandra)? Have fun with it. I think www.EWTN.com has a place with apologetics or explanations of things like God's permissive will. (I believe that's the correct term.) It's been so long. If you can find a catechism, it might have the answer.
rofe408
Wardrobian

Postby Stanley Anderson » April 25th, 2008, 2:30 pm

Stanley Anderson
Wardrobian

PreviousNext

Return to The Space Trilogy