This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

ouroborindra

ouroborindra

Postby Amandil » June 26th, 2006, 4:31 pm

Does anyone of you happen to know what the word "ouroborindra" (chanted by Wither and Straik when worshiping the head in THS) means or where it comes from? I've already tried to find out but without much success. Of course the first thing that comes to mind is that it is in some way related to Eddison's Worm Ouroboros, but I couldn't really find a connection. If it was ouroborandra it could be Greek and mean something like "a man that swallows himself from the back" but that doesn't help too much either.
Any suggestions?
Thanks!
Amandil
Amandil

re: ouroborindra

Postby carol » June 27th, 2006, 6:57 am

carol
Wardrobian

re: ouroborindra

Postby Theo » July 5th, 2006, 10:48 am

I suspect it was just meant to be an alien and creepy-sounding word.
Member of the Religious Tolerance Cabal of the Wardrobe

“First they came for Abdul Rahman and I spoke out because I was a Muslim. Then they came for the Palestinians and I raised hell because I was a Jew. Then they came for the Iraqis and I protested because I was an American. Then they came for the Muslims and I spoke out because I was a Christian, Then they came for the poor and I spoke out because I was rich. By the time they came for me, I had all the support a man could ask for.”
Theo
Wardrobian

Tghqwefwplo

Postby Tghqwefwplo » December 18th, 2007, 1:45 am

Tghqwefwplo

Re: Tghqwefwplo

Postby john » December 18th, 2007, 3:16 am

john
Chief Wardrobian
john
Chief Wardrobian

Postby rofe408 » April 25th, 2008, 12:51 pm

(giggle) I thought it was a nonsense phrase made to show how ridiculous & pathetic they had become, especially when the chant ended not with alleluia or "amen" but "ba - ba- hee." It sounded like something from a rock & roll song.
rofe408
Wardrobian

Postby Stanley Anderson » April 25th, 2008, 3:06 pm

…on a night of rain Frodo smelled a sweet fragrance on the air and heard the sound of singing that came over the water. And then it seemed to him that as in his dream in the house of Bombadil, the grey rain-curtain turned all to silver glass and was rolled back, and he beheld white shores and beyond them a fair green country under a swift sunrise.
Stanley Anderson
Wardrobian

Postby rofe408 » April 26th, 2008, 12:54 pm

rofe408
Wardrobian

Postby repectabiggle » April 26th, 2008, 1:43 pm

repectabiggle
Wardrobian

Return to Questions & Answers