This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

New Music inspired by OOTSP

Open the pod bay doors, Hnau!

New Music inspired by OOTSP

Postby rahlo » May 30th, 2008, 4:06 pm

Hello folks,

I've been a lurker on this site for a little bit, and I have to say that I really dig some of the insights shared and ongoing conversations regarding this excellent trilogy that somehow manages to keep flying below the radar.

My name is rahlo, and I'm a music artist who has been greatly influenced by several of Mr. Lewis' books. I'm so enthralled with the trilogy that I wrote some music based on and inspired by OOTSP (in fact, the album has the same name as the book) which has been really well received since it was released about a week or so ago.

Of the nine tracks I have on this mostly instrumental album, so far the favorites are The Abduction, Oyarsa of Malacandra, and Escape from Weston & Devine. If you feel so inclined to swing by my site and give a listen, you can hear snippets of each song .

Thanks for your indulgence! And by the way, this was posted with permission from our venerable moderator!

peace,

rahlo
rahlo

Postby moogdroog » June 3rd, 2008, 3:10 pm

moogdroog
Wardrobian

Postby rahlo » June 3rd, 2008, 7:46 pm

rahlo

Postby FrotisG » July 15th, 2008, 4:39 am

FrotisG

Postby FrotisG » July 15th, 2008, 4:45 am

FrotisG

Postby moogdroog » July 27th, 2008, 12:37 pm

moogdroog
Wardrobian

Re: New Music inspired by OOTSP

Postby Jofa » February 24th, 2009, 6:44 pm

Wow, interesting. :)
"Someday you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again."
Jofa
Wardrobian

Re: New Music inspired by OOTSP

Postby redumbrella » August 29th, 2009, 8:53 pm

Rahlo, great stuff. I like the gangsta edge. It's cool to see artists who create based on ideas and themes rather than the state of their relationships. (not to say we don't need that art too.) I recently wrote a song with my band Red Umbrella loosely based on the first book 'Out of the Silent Planet'. The song begins as our hero Ransom has been drugged and stowed on a spacecraft to who knows where... http://www.redumbrella.net/freeaudio/Re ... oustic.mp3
redumbrella

Return to The Space Trilogy