This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

Voyage of the Dawn Treader (aka my favorite book)

Please don't close the door behind you.

Postby Lirenel » August 8th, 2008, 8:00 pm

The Lord is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life, of whom shall I be afraid? - Psalm 27:1

Member of the 2456317 Club
Lirenel
Wardrobian

Postby repectabiggle » August 11th, 2008, 1:46 pm

repectabiggle
Wardrobian

Postby Larry W. » August 15th, 2008, 10:29 am

I'm planning to see the movie whenever it comes out, but I'm afraid that my reaction will be the same as the last film, which was not very accurate to the book. If want a good version of VDT which is very close to Lewis, listen to the Focus on the Family radio drama. It isn't a movie, but the audio drama is best thing because you can create the picture in your mind.

Larry W.
Larry W.
Wardrobian

Postby rusmeister » August 18th, 2008, 3:24 am

"Eh? Two views? There are a dozen views about everything until you know the answer. Then there's never more than one."
Bill "The Blizzard" Hingest - That Hideous Strength
rusmeister
Wardrobian

Postby Shadowland Dweller » August 18th, 2008, 8:12 am

Shadowland Dweller
Wardrobian

Postby Wormwood Scrubb » August 26th, 2008, 7:28 pm

VDT is surely easier to adapt than PC, because it has a strong linear plotline and fewer major characters (sometimes the burrow, I mean the How got a little crowded :tongue:). It should be harder for Walden to make it worse than PC than it is for a one-armed blind man in a dark room trying to shove a pound of butter into a wild cat's ear with a red-hot needle. :grin:
Wormwood Scrubb
Wardrobian

Postby Larry W. » August 27th, 2008, 3:18 am

I hope it's made into a real sea voyage. The BBC version wasn't too bad, but it lacked technology and a large budget,which would have made the TV specials more convincing. The ship and the sea were authentic, but the storms and the sea serpent looked rather artificial. Also, being combined with Prince Caspian was not the best idea. The story was shortened to two hours when it should have been at least two and a half or three hours. Too much was lost in that adaptation. I don't expect this movie to be completely accurate to the book, but I hope it will be as close as possible.

Larry W.
Larry W.
Wardrobian

Postby archenland_knight » August 27th, 2008, 9:38 pm

Romans 5:8 "But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us."
archenland_knight
Wardrobian

Postby Wormwood Scrubb » August 28th, 2008, 9:26 am

Wormwood Scrubb
Wardrobian

Postby Stanley Anderson » August 28th, 2008, 2:23 pm

…on a night of rain Frodo smelled a sweet fragrance on the air and heard the sound of singing that came over the water. And then it seemed to him that as in his dream in the house of Bombadil, the grey rain-curtain turned all to silver glass and was rolled back, and he beheld white shores and beyond them a fair green country under a swift sunrise.
Stanley Anderson
Wardrobian

Postby Wormwood Scrubb » August 29th, 2008, 11:12 am

Wormwood Scrubb
Wardrobian

Postby Stanley Anderson » September 1st, 2008, 4:06 pm

…on a night of rain Frodo smelled a sweet fragrance on the air and heard the sound of singing that came over the water. And then it seemed to him that as in his dream in the house of Bombadil, the grey rain-curtain turned all to silver glass and was rolled back, and he beheld white shores and beyond them a fair green country under a swift sunrise.
Stanley Anderson
Wardrobian

Postby matdonna » September 1st, 2008, 10:24 pm

matdonna
Wardrobian

Postby Wormwood Scrubb » September 2nd, 2008, 9:23 am

Wormwood Scrubb
Wardrobian

Postby carol » September 7th, 2008, 6:30 am

carol
Wardrobian

PreviousNext