This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

Fire at Westmont College

The man. The myth.

Fire at Westmont College

Postby Dan65802 » December 5th, 2008, 5:54 pm

"Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that." - Martin Luther King
Dan65802
Wardrobian

Re: Fire at Westmont College

Postby Sven » December 5th, 2008, 9:47 pm

Thanks for the heads up, Dan.
Rat! he found breath to whisper, shaking. Are you afraid?
Afraid? murmured the Rat, his eyes shining with unutterable love.
Afraid! Of Him? O, never, never! And yet -- and yet -- O, Mole, I am afraid!
Then the two animals, crouching to the earth, bowed their heads and did worship.
Sven

Postby Dan65802 » December 6th, 2008, 3:36 pm

Here is the link to the Amazon.com wishlist for the Westmont faculty. The books will be mailed to the Lewis Foundation who will get the books to the individual Westmont faculty. I encourage everyone to consider buying a book or two (or more) for these faculty members who have lost their Lewis libraries.

- Dan -
"Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that." - Martin Luther King
Dan65802
Wardrobian

Postby Karen » December 6th, 2008, 7:47 pm

Thanks for the link, Dan. I've just sent off MC and a couple of Screwtapes. :snow-smile:
I have always imagined that paradise will be a kind of library. -- Jorge Luis Borges
Karen
Wardrobian

Postby Dan65802 » December 6th, 2008, 10:53 pm

That's great Karen, thanks! I sent off an MC in my lot as well.
Dan65802
Wardrobian

Postby Tumnus's Books » December 18th, 2008, 2:52 am

I just sent off a copy of Weight of Glory. One of my personal favorites...thanks for providing the link and the opportunity
"You are, in fact, Human?"
Tumnus's Books
Wardrobian

Postby a_hnau » January 2nd, 2009, 12:56 pm

Sent a set of the Cosmic Trilogy, no-one's Lewis collection should be without it.

I'm surprised nobody (unless I've missed it) has quoted in this thread Lewis's suggestion that the only books each of us will have in our library in Heaven are those we have given away or lent (perhaps we could get away with 'recommended' as well?). I fear that my collection will be a bit thin, partly as some of my books are too obscure for almost anyone else to desperately want to read them :anxious:
Urendi Maleldil
a_hnau
Wardrobian

Postby Dan65802 » January 2nd, 2009, 2:27 pm

Dan65802
Wardrobian

Postby Zattara08 » January 3rd, 2009, 2:54 am

Man I hope that does not include books I didn't like? That would be rather anti-climatic!
Zattara08

Postby Dan65802 » September 8th, 2009, 6:57 pm

Dan65802
Wardrobian

Return to C. S. Lewis