This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

Voyage of the Dawn Treader (aka my favorite book)

Please don't close the door behind you.

Re: Voyage of the Dawn Treader (aka my favorite book)

Postby Shadowland Dweller » May 4th, 2009, 4:30 pm

I hope the economy isn't a problem....I thought the hold-up for a while was because they were trying to find someone to take it...
Shadowland Dweller
Wardrobian

Postby Larry W. » May 4th, 2009, 6:56 pm

Amazingly, good movies are even made in bad economic times. There were many excellent films made during the Depression era of the 1930's which are now classics. People at that time figured out how to make quality with less money. And things were worse back then than now.

Larry W.
Larry W.
Wardrobian

Postby Lirenel » May 4th, 2009, 7:08 pm

Exactly. Plus, they were already planning on cutting the budget for VODT. Honestly, I'm happy about it, if it means cutting down on unnecessary CGI and filming (I can only dream that the Susan/Caspian plotline of PC would have been excised to save money on unnecessarily long 'glances' and kisses).
The Lord is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life, of whom shall I be afraid? - Psalm 27:1

Member of the 2456317 Club
Lirenel
Wardrobian

Postby nomad » May 5th, 2009, 3:43 am

But... I mean... they are going to have monopods, aren't they?
member of the 2456317 club
"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best -- " and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called.
nomad
Wardrobian

Postby msd1835 » May 5th, 2009, 3:46 pm

I have faith that the Narnia movies will continue to get better. I just hope they don't try to market it as a summer blockbuster. Fantasy movies always do better in the winter. It gives them breathing room after the summer fluff. I think that is what hurt Prince Caspian. When your movie is the only one that seems interesting you have a better chance of beating out the others. Why try to pit Narnia against Spiderman, transformers, or Batman. You know people rather see raw entertainment, than stories that deal with the human spiritual matters.
msd1835

Postby Dan65802 » May 5th, 2009, 4:05 pm

"Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that." - Martin Luther King
Dan65802
Wardrobian

Postby Shadowland Dweller » May 5th, 2009, 9:35 pm

lol Dan.....oh man...now I am going to laugh when that part is on... :lol: :lol:

I think the only kiss I really liked (on-screen mind you....) was in Princess Bride...I mean...it was just perfect!
Shadowland Dweller
Wardrobian

Postby Dan65802 » May 6th, 2009, 1:17 pm

There are lots of great screen kisses I've enjoyed. I'm going to start a thread on it and see if some others can find favorites. I'll come back and link to it.

- Dan -
"Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that." - Martin Luther King
Dan65802
Wardrobian

Postby Dan65802 » May 6th, 2009, 2:06 pm

Here is the screen kisses thread:

- Dan -
Dan65802
Wardrobian

Postby Michael » May 8th, 2009, 2:53 pm

I am excited tha tproduction is finally back on for this movie. I'll have to look for some news on it and post it soon!
"A man can no more diminish God's glory by refusing to worship Him than a lunatic can put out the sun by scribbling the word, 'darkness' on the walls of his cell."
Michael
Wardrobian

Postby Pete » May 9th, 2009, 4:37 am

Michael, I don't think you'll need to post the movie news here, as I think you'll find most the people here who are interested will be up to date with the sister site NarniaWeb! :smile: I'm really happy that it's going to be on the Gold Coast - it's right near some church plants of my church! :smile: Ohhh, and I'll be up near there in late June - early July, except I the news says they're going to be starting filming in late July... :thinking:
Member of The 2456317 Club

Pete
Wardrobian

Postby carol » May 9th, 2009, 7:30 am

Is this going to be a kissing thread? :(

By the way, the 'long glances' between Susan and Caspian were much reduced after getting some initial response from public at an early trial. (I think they may have also read some of the Narniawebbers' comments ;) )
carol
Wardrobian

Postby Larry W. » August 14th, 2009, 8:32 am

The set of the new movie looks quite interesting from these recent pictures. I haven't seen any photos of the entire ship itself. Perhaps it's not completely finished. Anyone know where there are pictures (e.g., drawings, blueprints) of the ship? I'm really curious to see how authentic it is to the one in the book.

Larry W.
Larry W.
Wardrobian

Postby Sokol_iz_Narnii » August 14th, 2009, 9:52 am

Larry W.

Yes, the construction of the ship has not yet been completed.
Sokol_iz_Narnii

Postby Larry W. » August 14th, 2009, 3:14 pm

I found this article which includes a photo, and it is dated for today (August 14):

It looks like it will soon be launched! I wish they would provide a closeup photo or diagram which would show more detail. :smile:

Larry W.
Larry W.
Wardrobian

PreviousNext

Return to The Chronicles of Narnia